The Student Room Group

Should I change the way I think about girls?

Basically, I have wanted to have a deep, meaningful long term relationship ever since I can remember. I always wanted someone I can connect with and love and trust and to be my best friend. I wanted a decent, good girlfriend who was girlfriend material and wife material. A good girl to put it simply..

Now I am beginning to have second thoughts about the whole thing. I have looked for ages but I just cant find a girl who is "relationship material". These days, they seem to be so wild and promiscuous and addicted to getting drunk. Not trying to offend anyone, it's just what I have observed.

Going through life alone and constantly coming across these types of girls is going to hurt me. It's already hurt me alot. Just in case anyone wants to ask, it hurts me because I feel like they have so much talent and potential but they're just throwing it away. I don't want to get hurt anymore so should I completely change the way I think about girls as a whole? Should I completely ditch the idea of love and a relationship and look at them in a more superficial way? Should I give up on finding true love and look at them in a more superficial way? Like, not look at them as potential girlfriends or friends?

Help would be appreciated, thanks.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Not every girl is like that, loads are looking for a committed relationship. You'll find the right one soon, but be careful you don't come across as too 'old man' (ie only want to cuddle, stay in and watch movies); you need to keep the passion alive too, and a lot of people love going out and having a laugh, and there's nothing wrong with it either.
Also, what's wrong with girls who drink? Just because a girl has a drink doesn't mean she's a *****. You can't tar every girl with the same brush.

The more open minded you are, the quicker you'll find the right girl.
Reply 2
Original post by snailsareslimy
Not every girl is like that, loads are looking for a committed relationship. You'll find the right one soon, but be careful you don't come across as too 'old man' (ie only want to cuddle, stay in and watch movies); you need to keep the passion alive too, and a lot of people love going out and having a laugh, and there's nothing wrong with it either.
Also, what's wrong with girls who drink? Just because a girl has a drink doesn't mean she's a *****. You can't tar every girl with the same brush.

The more open minded you are, the quicker you'll find the right girl.

Choking on their own vomit and passing out in the gutter isn't really attractive to me.
Original post by thoyub
Basically, I have wanted to have a deep, meaningful long term relationship ever since I can remember. I always wanted someone I can connect with and love and trust and to be my best friend. I wanted a decent, good girlfriend who was girlfriend material and wife material. A good girl to put it simply..

Now I am beginning to have second thoughts about the whole thing. I have looked for ages but I just cant find a girl who is "relationship material". These days, they seem to be so wild and promiscuous and addicted to getting drunk. Not trying to offend anyone, it's just what I have observed.

Going through life alone and constantly coming across these types of girls is going to hurt me. It's already hurt me alot. Just in case anyone wants to ask, it hurts me because I feel like they have so much talent and potential but they're just throwing it away. I don't want to get hurt anymore so should I completely change the way I think about girls as a whole? Should I completely ditch the idea of love and a relationship and look at them in a more superficial way? Should I give up on finding true love and look at them in a more superficial way? Like, not look at them as potential girlfriends or friends?

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Ah. The daily thread slagging off girls. Girls have sex and get drunk. Get over it. How you can be so judgemental and sanctimonious and presume people who let loose aren't gf material is beyond me. Lastly, your incredibly patronising. Ew.

There are so many guys on here who can't find a girl and so begin to hate them and claim they're all the devils work, it's unbelievable.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Only reply to the thread if you are actually going to try and help and not get angry! Thanks!!!
Original post by thoyub
Only reply to the thread if you are actually going to try and help and not get angry! Thanks!!!

No because I am answering your question. I am helping you. I'm suggesting you do change your view of women. Realise they are just people exactly the same as you. Could you respond to my points please? You can't make a thread slating girls and not expect anger.
Reply 6
Please stop making these threads. Please.
Reply 7
Original post by FridayI'mInLove
No because I am answering your question. I am helping you. I'm suggesting you do change your view of women. Realise they are just people exactly the same as you. Could you respond to my points please? You can't make a thread slating girls and not expect anger.

I am in no way being judgemental. And I am not slagging off girls. I have no problem with girls letting loose. I just didn't want to be in a relationship with them. I just wanted a girl who didnt get drunk and who wasn't promiscuous or slept around. I got nowhere with that so now I am changing the way I think of women.

Please try and see what I am trying to say to you, I wanted a certain type of girl. Also I do not think there is anything wrong with having sex. There is however (In my opinion) something wrong with having sex with multiple people who you dont even know on drunken nights out. And alcohol is bad for you if you drink too much of it frequently. That fact can't be disputed.

I'm not trying to offend you in any way , I was simply looking for help and advice. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Reply 8
Original post by Dr Pesto
Please stop making these threads. Please.

Oh. i'm sorry. Have I made this thread before?

Oh, actually no, I haven't. Oh dear, how sad.
There's nothing wrong with the way you think about girls or your views pertaining to an ideal partner but I've learnt that having expectations about people is hurtful in some way or another because people will always fall short of your expectations in one way or another because face it, we're only human.

My advice is to let loose a bit, don't be so rigid and have strict guidelines but at the same time, you don't have to settle for anyone that you KNOW you will be unhappy with. Keep your options open, learn to see the good in girls. Don't judge them immediately based on first impressions but get to know them. And lastly, be patient about finding the right one because you're not the only guy after girls of top notch quality, they are a rare breed but they are out there so keep looking :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by thoyub
Oh. i'm sorry. Have I made this thread before?

Oh, actually no, I haven't. Oh dear, how sad.

Are you ****ting me? You've made about four thousand threads about how no girls are up to your standards.
Reply 11
Original post by awkwardchild
There's nothing wrong with the way you think about girls or your views pertaining to an ideal partner but I've learnt that having expectations about people is hurtful in some way or another because people will always fall short of your expectations in one way or another because face it, we're only human.

My advice is to let loose a bit, don't be so rigid and have strict guidelines but at the same time, you don't have to settle for anyone that you KNOW you will be unhappy with. Keep your options open, learn to see the good in girls. Don't judge them immediately based on first impressions but get to know them. And lastly, be patient about finding the right one because you're not the only guy after girls of top notch quality, they are a rare breed but they are out there so keep looking :smile:

Well, in an ideal world, not being promiscuous/sleeping around and not getting drunk would be reasonable expectations. I guess our world has just been messed up beyond belief. Thanks for answering.
Reply 12
Original post by Dr Pesto
Are you ****ting me? You've made about four thousand threads about how no girls are up to your standards.

Really? Would you like to check the threads i've started on my profile before making such a ridiculous statement?
Original post by thoyub

They have so much potential to do what, exactly? Be your perfect wife?

Why oh why did I throw that potential away!!?? :cry::cry::cry:
(edited 10 years ago)
Maybe try guys.
Original post by thoyub
Well, in an ideal world, not being promiscuous/sleeping around and not getting drunk would be reasonable expectations. I guess our world has just been messed up beyond belief. Thanks for answering.

No, I think that's fine but I was just making a general statement about expectations. Have a bit of faith in people, quality girls aren't extinct :smile: Good luck!
Reply 16
It would be nice if I could just ask for help without getting stupid comments and people trying to put me down. It really doesn't achieve anything at all so if you don't have something good to say , don't say it at all. Is the TSR community really this bad?
Original post by thoyub
It would be nice if I could just ask for help without getting stupid comments and people trying to put me down. It really doesn't achieve anything at all so if you don't have something good to say , don't say it at all. Is the TSR community really this bad?

I'd give you good and honest advice if you weren't so sexist.As it is, if I gave you advice that consequently helped you get with the girl of your dreams, I'd feel constantly guilty about having to subject that girl to partnering up with someone like you.
So you're peeved because the majority of young girls would rather be out having fun and enjoying themselves than settling down? What would you rather they do? act middle aged in their late teens/early twenties?

The way I see it, you have two options:
- Stop branding every single girl who enjoys a night out and sex as a horrible person and you may start to like women again.
- Have a few years of loneliness/searching for a girl who has time travelled from the 1950s. Then when that has passed girls will have matured enough to your 'taste'.

I personally would go for the former rather than the latter.
Reply 19
Have you considered moving to Iran or Saudi? They're Utopias for folk with your views.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending