The Student Room Group

Riddle me, riddle me......

I am thoroughly bored, so here's a riddle for you...

Paul is 20 years old in 1980, but only 15 years old in 1985. How is this possible?

Guess my answer and you can make up the next riddle...

Scroll to see replies

1980 bc :wink:

The man who invented it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't need it. The man who needs it doesn't know it. What is it?
Reply 2
COFFIN!

What's OP's name? :colone:

You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by aari
You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?

An avocado that came as part of a multipack. Or some other seeded fruit you cook.
Reply 4
Original post by mikeyd85
An avocado that came as part of a multipack. Or some other seeded fruit you cook.

Ahaa! I suppose that could work!

I was thinking more like Chicken :biggrin:
Original post by AimeeTrudgian
1980 bc :wink:

The man who invented it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't need it. The man who needs it doesn't know it. What is it?

They had names like Paul in 1980 BC?
Reply 6
Original post by Phillipsherman
They had names like Paul in 1980 BC?

probably not.
What runs but never walks, falls but also climbs, takes the shape of what contains it and can contain a thousand shapes but has none of its own. Light can give it colour though it often has none of its own and it travels around the word daily saving and killing at the same time. People die for it, from it or in want of it, some with too much some with not enough some store it up so take it away some live by it day by day. What is it?
Original post by SeeThroughAngel
What runs but never walks, falls but also climbs, takes the shape of what contains it and can contain a thousand shapes but has none of its own. Light can give it colour though it often has none of its own and it travels around the word daily saving and killing at the same time. People die for it, from it or in want of it, some with too much some with not enough some store it up so take it away some live by it day by day. What is it?

Water

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct :smile: did I give too many hints?

What waits for no man but every man will have his own? That passes by but seems to slow and often slips away. There never is enough in a day but it's constantly checked anyway and so many people like to ask where it's went away
Reply 10
time

what gets wetter the more it dries?
Original post by natninja
time

what gets wetter the more it dries?

toilet paper or towel?

I have something which belongs only to me yet everyone else uses it more much more than me... what is it?
Reply 12
Original post by SharminaSyeda
toilet paper or towel?

I have something which belongs only to me yet everyone else uses it more much more than me... what is it?

ideally towel :P

and your name.

A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water. The barman pulls out a gun and points it at his head. The man says 'thank you, that's all I needed and leaves'. Why?
toilet paper or towel?

Your name!

I am weightless, but you can see me. Put me in a bucket and I make it lighter. What am I?
toilet paper or towel?

Your name.

My life can be measured in hours, if I'm thin I'm quick and if I'm fat I'm slow. What am I?
Reply 15
The man had the hiccups :smile:

Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblyraindrop
Your name!

I am weightless, but you can see me. Put me in a bucket and I make it lighter. What am I?

A hole.

Say my name and I disappear - what am I?
(I'm awful at making riddles up so I took this off the Internet). :rolleyes:
Original post by ronan285
The man had the hiccups :smile:

Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fire!
What has a neck and no head, two arms but no hands?
Reply 18
Original post by blue.racoon59
A hole.

Say my name and I disappear - what am I?
(I'm awful at making riddles up so I took this off the Internet). :rolleyes:

Silence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by natninja
ideally towel :P

and your name.

A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water. The barman pulls out a gun and points it at his head. The man says 'thank you, that's all I needed and leaves'. Why?

Watergun

Quick Reply