The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Accomodation prices?!

Anyone else think that the accommodation prices are a bit steep? Was looking at en suite and its £127 or £137?!. Its putting me off a bit to be honest and im not sure if I should just commute from home instead ( 50 min away)

Can anyone justify these prices, the room best be decent if I end up paying that:rolleyes:
yeah, I do think they are a bit expensive but I just went with the cheapest available. It's not really surprising that unis put the prices up every year because they know that 1st years are going to want to stay in halls so they'll charge whatever they want and people will pay it.
Do you really need ensuite anyway?
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
It's because they can.

I went for a house because it's £86.50 a week instead of £137! :biggrin:
Reply 3
I probably don't need en suite, the lowest id go is standard plus accommodation as I don't want something really basic. Suppose everyone wants a nice room.

Anyone saw the accommodations and give words of wisdom?
Original post by BrummyJ
Anyone saw the accommodations and give words of wisdom?

I have words of wisdom:
1. Take alcohol when you move in.
2. Lose any ego you may have when you move in and remember you're all at the same level
3. Don't think you're above anyone else in your flat
4. If any rumours circulate nip them in the bud, happened in my halls last year and that didn't bring us to a great start
5. Don't bitch about flatmates
6. Don't sleep with flatmates

Those are my words of wisdom, follow them and you will be happy. :smile:
Reply 5
Dont sleep with flatmates? Not a fan of this..:wink:
Original post by BrummyJ
Dont sleep with flatmates? Not a fan of this..:wink:

Lol, well it's not fun to be around especially if you fall out!
Reply 7
The En-suite rooms are pretty massive and fairly new so they are of a high standard hence the price. The general condition of the living/kitchen areas are also much better than those in houses/lower stand halls.

It mainly comes down to the same reason for the tuition fees though, cut most of the funding to Uni's and you're likely to see an increase in fees all-round.

It is a lot of money though and I personally wouldn't pay it, but I suppose it's all part of the 'experience' and if you've got the money then why not. It's only going to be for a year as they'll turf you out after that and you'll have to find your own houses via studentpad.
Reply 8
no way are you gonna get it for those prices, your looking at 160squid without en suite

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending