SURREY,SOUTHAMPTON,LEEDS best univ?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
zatie4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Which of the three is the best university in uk?
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zatie4)
Which of the three is the best university in uk?
erm kind of depends what course you want to do!
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
if you're talking in general then southampton
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYa13)
if you're talking in general then southampton
Yes but Southampton is a **** hole
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
really? never really been heh
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I live a county away from it and we share a news network, we never get to see about bring and buy sales near where I am because someone's been murdered or run over or stabbed or raped....yuk...but they do have Shake-away
zatie4
Rep:
?
so youre saying that Southampton is a dangerous place to go is it?

(Original post by Danithestudent)
I live a county away from it and we share a news network, we never get to see about bring and buy sales near where I am because someone's been murdered or run over or stabbed or raped....yuk...but they do have Shake-away
zatie4
Rep:
?
can you give example?
for engineering which is the best univ..
and for business which is the best univ..
thanx for your help..

is southampton and leeds really dangeous place to live?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so youre saying that Southampton is a dangerous place to go is it?
Dani has obviously got a very one sided view of the place (I find most people who live out towards Portsmouth and beyond do).

I'd say Soton is one of the safest cities in the country...there are problem areas like St Mary's - but then I lived in St Mary's for a year and had no problems and never once felt unsafe...my car also survived a year of being parked on the road in St Mary's without any vandalism/damage/stealing - which is more than I can say for a posh suburb of Bournemouth were my car got nicked off the driveway. It's certainly no more dangerous than Leeds and both are probably safer than surrey if you've got a little bit of common sense.

Personally I really like Soton uni...it's in a really nice area of the city (far enough from the town centre to be surrounded by common but close enough that it's only a half hour walk/15 minute bus ride to get into the the town centre). I liked it so much that I came back here to work after graduation.

PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.upmystreet.com/overview/i...1=SO17+1BJ#Sin
http://www.upmystreet.com/overview/i...l1=LS2+9JT#Sin
Comparing Soton Uni and Leeds Uni's postcodes (SO17 1BJ and LS2 9JT) for crime/policing (and the national average)

And also Surrey's postcode GU2 7XH - http://www.upmystreet.com/overview/i...l1=GU2+7XH#Sin

The links might not come out but it's pretty straight forward to plug the postcodes into http://www.upmystreet.com
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Where do you get all those things from PQ?!?! And didn't you read it closely...I said they have Shake-Away which automatically makes all things...including crime non-important...

But you're all still scummers
wizard
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
can you give example?
for engineering which is the best univ..
and for business which is the best univ..
thanx for your help..

is southampton and leeds really dangeous place to live?
For engineering and business it's Surrey. (according to the Guardian university guide). And Guildford is posh.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wizard)
For engineering and business it's Surrey. (according to the Guardian university guide). And Guildford is posh.
According to the Times (who actually provide the raw data whereas the guardian transform it into arbitrary points out of 10/6) Soton is 1st for general engineering, Surrey comes 10th. Leeds isn't ranked
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,6734,00.html
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wizard)
I am from Guildford, and I speak with a very posh accent
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Yes but Southampton is a **** hole
as is Surrey (UniS, that is. Guildford is poop, especially as they're gonna be tearing down the Friary center :eek: )

...Roehampton is a little better, but still a dive. Its one for peeps in outer london and suburbs to commute to (like my sisters boyf).
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
I am from Guildford, and I speak with a very posh accent
you'd be the only one

where does everyone get the impression guildford is posh?!... guess it does have the highest amount of ferraris or porsches in the country in it (an official useless fact)
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Guildford was the first swimming pool I ever went to which had a slide in it.

(completely off topic I know)

And then they opened the Coral Reef pool up the road and we never went back again...
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
And then they opened the Coral Reef pool up the road and we never went back again...
I went there once, but my sister was stupid and jumped around the changing rooom, slipped and cracked her head so hard the manager came to investigate! Turned out she'd fractured her skull... and she was sick on my chips we had in the cafe afterwards... never been back, too embaressed - this happened about 10 years ago too lol
wizard
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
as is Surrey (UniS, that is. Guildford is poop, especially as they're gonna be tearing down the Friary center :eek: )

...Roehampton is a little better, but still a dive. Its one for peeps in outer london and suburbs to commute to (like my sisters boyf).
You must be joking! :confused: Guildford has a unique character.

I dont think they re gonna tear the Friary down.
wizard
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
you'd be the only one

where does everyone get the impression guildford is posh?!... guess it does have the highest amount of ferraris or porsches in the country in it (an official useless fact)
That's certainly true. I ve never seen more porshes etc in any other place in England.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.06%
No (604)
65.94%

Watched Threads