3 Bristol 400 95.4
4 Durham 461 94.3
5 Nottingham 420 93.0
6 King's Coll London 390 92.5
7 Glasgow 418 92.3
8 Univ Coll London 413 92.2
9 Bath 386 91.3
10 St Andrews 436 90.9
Glasgow is a five-year degree. Which isn't the kind of shizzle I'm into.

Do you want to study French language, French culture or French literature?
Reply 3
Hi
I would prefer to study French Language or French culture
pink_angel_200
Hi
I would prefer to study French Language or French culture

You'll need to look very carefully at course content when choosing universities then because a lot, especially the older and more traditional ones, have quite a heavy focus on literature. You won't be able to find a degree course that's entirely about the language, especially if you do single honours, but some universities let you completely avoid literature and just do politics, history, culture and society instead.
kellywood_5
You'll need to look very carefully at course content when choosing universities then because a lot, especially the older and more traditional ones, have quite a heavy focus on literature. You won't be able to find a degree course that's entirely about the language, especially if you do single honours, but some universities let you completely avoid literature and just do politics, history, culture and society instead.

And linguistics as well if you're interested in that. Southampton has a very good applied linguistics course where you look at how different languages are structured and used and how people acquire them. They also have a language and society course where you study two languages along with an introduction to linguistics and socio-political studies.
York is supposed to be strong for non-literature based language teaching.
Reply 7
QMUL are pretty good too. Our language department are one of the best in the country, don't know the scoring for french in particular. We're top of the country for linguistics though! (I do french and linguistics).
Lately I've had a change of heart and really wanna study literature at uni, at least for a bit anyway! But knowing me, it won't be long before my heart changes yet again...!
Reply 9
Have you considered studying in France?
Reply 10
Carl
Have you considered studying in France?

are you english and studying at bordeaux or just french and really good at english...? :redface:
Reply 11
I'm British and study in Bordeaux
Reply 12
It's all the same. You come across as a right little Englander. And you're from Solihull, which has nothing on even the worst areas of France.
Who says I'm from Solihull?
Reply 14
Your profile did!
Again, it says that I study in Sixth Form College Solihull, which is in Solihull, apparently.

How did you manage to enrol yourself in a French university?
Reply 16
oh dear.....
Isn't it exhausting?
ive forgotten its name but there s areally good uni in paris, that my teacher was trying to make me apply for, but you need 3As methinks
Reply 19
Sorbonne, Sciences Po?...

Latest

Trending

Trending