The Student Room Group

Working holiday visa for dental nurse

I'm a qualified dental nurse and I'm going to Australia for about 6 months on a working holiday visa. I've heard that to work in health care you have to have X-rays to get your visa. Does anyone know if this is true and how much the X-rays cost to get done privately?
Reply 1
Hi jo, i'm sorry I cannot help you with your question-I have no idea about xrays etc..... but I was wondering if you can help me?....I am also a qualified dental nurse and me and my partner have recently been invited over to Australia also for 6 months to stay with friends on a working visa- do you know if our uk NVQ is the same out there and are we able to work as d nurses there under this visa? please help as I have no idea how to go about finding work out there! thanks x
Reply 2
Original post by vicky_dcp
Hi jo, i'm sorry I cannot help you with your question-I have no idea about xrays etc..... but I was wondering if you can help me?....I am also a qualified dental nurse and me and my partner have recently been invited over to Australia also for 6 months to stay with friends on a working visa- do you know if our uk NVQ is the same out there and are we able to work as d nurses there under this visa? please help as I have no idea how to go about finding work out there! thanks x

Hi Vicky, yes you can work as a dental nurse in Australia with your NVQ quilifications. They recognise our dental nursing quilifications, although someone has told me that most of the dental nurses out there don't have a quilification and are only trained in surgery so you should have no problem finding a job. They don't have a GDC equivalent to register with and I've been told by someone that I would probably only need a chest X-ray to work in a hospital so for going into general practice I think it's as straightforward as just getting the working holiday visa. Hope this helps x

Quick Reply

Latest