The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What part of London are you from coz I see/know plenty of mix raced people so clearly black and white relationships happen plus I have friends that have had or are in said relationships.
Reply 2
Original post by taz101
What part of London are you from coz I see/know plenty of mix raced people so clearly black and white relationships happen plus I have friends that have had or are in said relationships.

South-east, and most of the mixed raced people I know, their Dad's are black and their Mum's are white. I only know of one whose Mum is white.
Reply 3
I know more relationships of the opposite, OP. must be just different areas
Reply 4
Maybe it's more common up in North *shrugs shoulders*
Reply 5
Maybe you dont know enough people? I see a fair few and i spend a lot of time in SE London :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I noticed that most interracial relationship between a black person and a white person are between a black boy and a white girl?
I'm not sure why
and I'm quite curious as to why.
Maybe it's just my area - London is it different in any other areas?

Please try to refrain from racist statements like 'Black girls are ugly' or 'they're so loud'

Yes. It is different - there are lots of black women and white men dating each other and entering long-term relationships with each other.

The reason why it may have been more common to see a relationship between a black boy and a white girl in the past is because most black people were migrants and most migrant populations are initially very male-dominated.
I usually find quite few black girls are really attracted to white guys, they are always surprised if another black girl goes for them. However, it's changing more and more and it's becoming more normal to like guys outside your race. Also there's always stigma from others about mixed-race couples and sometimes problems with strict foreign parents, and these mixed pressures might make it more difficult for black girls especially to date outside their race.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
I have to agree with OP, I mostly see black men with white women.

I'm not saying anything wrong with it, but in London that does seem to be the case. I know only one mixed races person with a white dad and black mum.

As someone said, many migrants being males may be why.
In sociology, from analyzing statistics and trends in ethnicity.

statistics showed that in the u.k:

1/2 of Black men are likely to be in a relationship with a white women. Whereas black women are 1/3 likely to be in a relationship with a white man.
In sociology, from analyzing statistics and trends in ethnicity.

statistics showed that in the u.k:

1/2 of Black men are likely to be in a relationship with a white women. Whereas black women are 1/3 likely to be in a relationship with a white man.

:confused: how is that even possible?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not that rare, I've seen plenty of interracial couples here in the Midlands, my best mates parents are interracial. I ain't racist, the **** you saying bitch? :-)
Reply 12
I'm from the Midlands and I see the same thing in my city: more black men going with white women than black women going with white men. I don't know why this happens though.
Original post by Sem193
I'm from the Midlands and I see the same thing in my city: more black men going with white women than black women going with white men. I don't know why this happens though.

Possibly black girls don't like white guys? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
We all know that women like enhanced Ds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think an 'average' white girl is more attractive than an 'average' black girl. Don't waste your time posting pictures of attractive black girls, I know there are loads of attractive black girls, but when you're dealing with an entire race, you have to deal with averages, and, personally, I'm a white man and I find white girls more attractive.

EDIT: Neg me if you like, but disagreeing with my sexual preferences for white girls because you think it's racist is akin to disagreeing with a man's sexual preferences for other men because you think it's sexist. It's absurd.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by chappers-94
:confused: how is that even possible?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) Not every single black person in the UK will be in a relationship
2) There are more races than black and white

I've actually found the black guy/white girl trend more common than the reverse too. No idea why that is, but it's not like it's a bad thing.
Maybe its harder to have things in common, without being racist majority of black girls I know are into Beyonce, Rhinanna , musicians like that, if I started a topic about rock music I doubt they be interested. Black men seem to more multiple interests so easier to find a common ground, black women still have a negative image as being loud and aggressive, white women have that more innocent sweet vibe which is more appealing to most men well to me at least.
Original post by Another
1) Not every single black person in the UK will be in a relationship
2) There are more races than black and white

I've actually found the black guy/white girl trend more common than the reverse too. No idea why that is, but it's not like it's a bad thing.

I didn't say it was a bad thing, but the statistics are a bit weird to read.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I noticed that most interracial relationship between a black person and a white person are between a black boy and a white girl?
I'm not sure why
and I'm quite curious as to why.
Maybe it's just my area - London is it different in any other areas?

Please try to refrain from racist statements like 'Black girls are ugly' or 'they're so loud'

i thought london was much more open about things like that.

I know birmingham when i lived there and from my experiance it was much more of a no no and the problem didnt come from the white people.

Latest