The Student Room Group

Access to health and science assessment

I am taking my assessment to health and science today and wold like to know what it may consist of and when the CRB will be issued. I have a catalog of drunk and disorderly convictions from 2001-2008 and 1 caution in 2011 this was due to a bad relationship. I no longer drink nor have committed any offence but I am sure this will make it difficult to find my a work placement for my course, so will the college refuse me on receipt of my CRB? Thank in advance.
I am hoping to study at east london college then hoping to do mental health nursing at easy london uni.
You can be certain that your caution will show up on a a CRB. I'm not sure if there is any sort of Fitness2Practice rules for Nurses. I would imagine there would be, because you'll be working closely with vulnerable people (in your case, some of the most vulnerable in society).

You should definitely contact the admissions department of e uni anonymously to get some feedback.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi

Thanks! I have contacted my college and will discuss and disclose my CRB in detail with a covering letter to support my CRB. I have also spoken to Police and CRB themselves and will have got 4/5 cautions removed by 27th July!And all my convictions and caution are explanatory. I have contacted the local health service and human rights and career advisor and they all say be honest and open and it is 50/50 if the college think they will struggle to find me a work placement then it is not in my best interest to start something that I can not finish!! But due to my CRB being circumstantial, I hope they will consider my bed past as a better understanding and empathy to those in similar and worse situations.

many thanks again,

Quick Reply

Latest