The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Help! I firmed for a MSc in Loughborough and i would like some advice

Hello everyone!

i firmed for the MSc in Exercise Physiology, School of sport and exercise science.

Now i would like to book a place for the University Hall, however, i dont have any clue which one to prioritise.

I would like a new hall, close to the university/school of sport, and also my focus for the next year will be study, study and study, but of course, considering i will be alone, since i'm coming from Italy, i would really appreciate a friendly hall, where I can talk a make new friends really easy.

Anyone can suggest me which hall should i prioritise to be in the 1st,2nd and 3rd?

Thank you for your time.

Alessandro
Reply 1
Hi Alessandro!!

I'm Antonio, a spanish student. I'm gonna be studying at loughborough form September in the MSc in exercise physiology as well. I was thinking about the halls a few weeks ago, and finally applied for john phillips as my 1st option, and harry french 2nd and 3rd (different modalities).

I found out in this forum that jp is the most international hall...followed by HF (although HF is off campus).

I'm looking forward to get there in september and to make the most of the year...
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Hey Alessandro!

Well the university website says that "the School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences has staff and facilities based in the Sir John Beckwith Centre for Sport (our main base) and in Wavy Top, the Performance Centre, the Sir David Wallace building, Brockington and Clyde Williams."

Now the closest halls to
Sir John Beckwith Centre for Sport, Sir David Wllace and Clyde Williams are Towers and Bulter Court. However it's quite easy to get there from Harry French, Bill-Mo and most campus halls (apart from maybe DC, which is just past the library). If your main priority is to study then maybe you would want to be closer to the library. Let me just say it's very easy to get to the library even if you're in an off-campus hall (which are no more than five minutes from the university itself), because you can just use the free on-campus shuttle bus to get there.

Everything in Loughborough is no more than a 15 minutes walk away so I wouldn't worry about being too far from your lectures. Another thing you could consider is if you want to be close to town where all the shops are. It will certainly make things easier food wise and if you want to go out clubbing in town. Is there anything else you're looking for in halls? See if you want catered or non-catered halls, or en-suits or a double bed. That will help you narrow your choices down a lot.

Most halls are actually incredibly friendly! Catered halls generally tend to be closer because they have to eat together. Maybe like tonymorales said you'd like to be in a more international hall like JP or HF (I was in HF this year to let me know if you have any Qs :biggrin:).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending