Mark and Lard Watch

This discussion is closed.
shazza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Just thought i'd start a tribute to the greatest show!!! seeing as it ends this week!!

BIGGITY BIGGITY BONG!!
shazza
Rep:
?
oh well, sounds like they'll not be missed then
Powerline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shazza)
Well not by me
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shazza)
they will - I don't get to listen very often (work ) but whenever I had to drive somewhere I'd always try and time it to coincide with M&L.

Have been a fan since they used to make me laugh on my way to school every morning on the breakfast show (and I saw them play Glasto in 97 as the shirehorses (albeit from a long way away - bloody friends))
shazza
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
they will - I don't get to listen very often (work ) but whenever I had to drive somewhere I'd always try and time it to coincide with M&L.

Have been a fan since they used to make me laugh on my way to school every morning on the breakfast show (and I saw them play Glasto in 97 as the shirehorses (albeit from a long way away - bloody friends))
Yeah, it's like the end of an era!! you must listen to Fridays show, I have a feeling it will be full of the oldies (as has been one feature a day since they announced the split)
shazza
Rep:
?
Favourite feature? Mine I think is circle of chance!! followed closely by fat harry white.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'll miss them, although i don't listen to the radio at college, or at between 1 and 3, so i don't listen to them any more.
But they were kinda funny, in a sort of not that funny way.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I thought that they were moving to Radio 2 or is this not so?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I thought that they were moving to Radio 2 or is this not so?
IIRC Mark is - Lard is going to the digital radio station with all the comedy shows.

I can understand why (Radio 2 does not have a real playlist - don't believe me listen to Jonathon Ross on a Saturday....and it must be quite nice for Lard to be known by his real name)...but I'll still be sad to see them go
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
IIRC Mark is - Lard is going to the digital radio station with all the comedy shows.

I can understand why (Radio 2 does not have a real playlist - don't believe me listen to Jonathon Ross on a Saturday....and it must be quite nice for Lard to be known by his real name)...but I'll still be sad to see them go
Mark and Lard were ok... but I think it was a bit of a case of you've heard it once you've heard it a million times. And if you're unfortunate you have to listen to some of the other Radio 1 DJs which could seriously damage your health
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They could be a bit repetetive but the Shirehorses were pure genius

http://www.geocities.com/theshirehorses/lyrics.html
shazza
Rep:
?
They could be a bit repetetive but the Shirehorses were pure genius

http://www.geocities.com/theshirehorses/lyrics.html
I agree
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
They'll be sadly missed as a double act, not only for their material and ripping the piss out of the crap records
eg:
...some crap playlisted song fades out....
L:"Tosh"
M:"What?"
L: "Tosh"
M: "Eh?"
L: "That was the name of the guy in the Bill - Tosh"

but they've also influenced my musical taste greatly - they've had some great Records of the Week over the years: Divine Comedy, Grandaddy, Teenage Fanclub etc etc. I could go on.

From Friday, I shall never need listen to radio 1 again. Its 6Music and Jonathan Ross on Radio 2 for me from now on.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
Its 6Music and Jonathan Ross on Radio 2 for me from now on.
Another Jonathon Ross fan

People really don't know what they're missing.

That and the nightly comedy on Radio 4 at 6:30pm (on my drive home)
EPD
Report 15 years ago
That and the nightly comedy on Radio 4 at 6:30pm (on my drive home)
Ah, how could I forget! I was brought up on Radio 4 comedy, and I managed to get to see I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue being recorded in Leeds a few months ago - absolutely fanastic. I was by far the youngest person there though

I dont think people realise what good comedy they're missing on Radio 4: The Now Show, ISIHAC, The Daily Format,all very good. And plenty of well known TV shows have started out as Radio 4 comedies - Little Britain being the most recent one, but Have I Got News for You is based on the News Quiz. If only people would open their minds a bit, they'd find some great stuff.

EDIT: Oh, how could I forget? Boothby Graffoe! And 4 At the Store! And Marcus Brigstocke's naive public schoolboy character who goes travelling. I forget his name. They're all coming back now.
shazza
Rep:
?
chirs moyles though!! I have a laugh with him every morning!! as for the rest, sooo repetative. Do like Jonathon Ross, don't listen that often, always watch his show though!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ah, how could I forget! I was brought up on Radio 4 comedy, and I managed to get to see I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue being recorded in Leeds a few months ago - absolutely fanastic. I was by far the youngest person there though

I dont think people realise what good comedy they're missing on Radio 4: The Now Show, ISIHAC, The Daily Format,all very good. And plenty of well known TV shows have started out as Radio 4 comedies - Little Britain being the most recent one, but Have I Got News for You is based on the News Quiz. If only people would open their minds a bit, they'd find some great stuff.
I have trouble keeping the car on the road some nights (dead ringers is another one that always gets me giggling).

Theres also the worst week of the week award awarded weekly on a week by week basis....or is that radio two like the smith lectures?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And Marcus Brigstocke's naive public schoolboy character who goes travelling. I forget his name.
I'd forgotten him - every time he gets out his guitar it sets me off crying with laughter
EPD
Report 15 years ago
I have trouble keeping the car on the road some nights (dead ringers is another one that always gets me giggling).

Theres also the worst week of the week award awarded weekly on a week by week basis....or is that radio two like the smith lectures?
I think thats the other Punt and Dennis show on Radio 2? Is it called Its Been a Bad Week or something like that? And yeah, the Radio 2 comedy hour between 1-2 on Saturdays is very good normally.
EPD
Report 15 years ago
I'd forgotten him - every time he gets out his guitar it sets me off crying with laughter
GILES WEMBLEY-HOGG! Thats the bunny.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.16%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (90)
19.61%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (185)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.58%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.1%