Turn on thread page Beta

What is the dumbest quote youve seen in UKL? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering, after seeing Mr White's signature(dumbest quote of the week) what everyone else thinks that is the dumbest quote that theyve seen on UKL.

I think that Oldthrashbarg's comment was the dumbest ive seen(shown in my signature) . He basically says the same thing twice, there is no difference between them!

ReputationRep:
    What, no-ones got any?

ReputationRep:
    "I am Britney Spears" by the elusive character Britney Spears AKA Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    "I am Britney Spears" by the elusive character Britney Spears AKA Me
    erm, probably ANYTHING i've said lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    erm, probably ANYTHING i've said lol.
    Another quote to add to my 'stupidest quote' signature!

Im just joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerline)

Im just joking
    Actually, what's wrong with Oldthrashbarg's comment?

There's a difference. The first says that he doesn't have belief, the second says he does.

ReputationRep:

Im just joking
    lol, u makes me laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Actually, what's wrong with Oldthrashbarg's comment?

There's a difference. The first says that he doesn't have belief, the second says he does.
    no, he first says "I don't believe that your god exists", and then "I believe he does not exist", which is pretty much saying the same thing:God does not exist.

ReputationRep:
    no, he first says "I don't believe that your god exists", and then "I believe he does not exist", which is pretty much saying the same thing:God does not exist.
    He could be talking about different beleafs you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    erm, i dint get the quote either. Ive sat for ages trying to work it out, can someone explain it please before i go mental. Thanx lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    no, he was argueing with me that God does not exist in general

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    erm, i dint get the quote either. Ive sat for ages trying to work it out, can someone explain it please before i go mental. Thanx lol
    I think he means that he doesn't believe in the person's god whom that comment was aimed at, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't believe that He as in a higher power in another religion doesn't exist. Just saying that one God doesn't exist doesn't mean he doesn't believe that he believes a God doesn't exist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    I think he was trying to say that he himself does not believe that God exists, but it doesnt mean that he believes that God does not exist... actually i just repeated his quote, and it still does not make sense

I dont hink he knew how to word whatever he was trying to say

ReputationRep:
    I think he was trying to say that he himself does not believe that God exists, but it doesnt mean that he believes that God does not exist... actually i just repeated his quote, and it still does not make sense

I dont hink he knew how to word whatever he was trying to say
    i think if we could hear it said...it may make sense. Oh well. I will just continue to drive myself insane with this one lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I think he means that he doesn't believe in the person's god whom that comment was aimed at, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't believe that He as in a higher power in another religion doesn't exist. Just saying that one God doesn't exist doesn't mean he doesn't believe that he believes a God doesn't exist
    Yes, i could have meant that, but then why was he argueing with me throughout my thread that God in general, or any other higher power does not exist?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i could have meant that, but then why was he argueing with me throughout my thread that God in general, or any other higher power does not exist?
    I have no idea, maybe he was being objective like he believes one thing but is not only seeing one side of the arguement... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I have no idea, maybe he was being objective like he believes one thing but is not only seeing one side of the arguement... :confused:
    Yeah i could be....But only he can give us the real answer...

ReputationRep:
    When i say he, i am only assuming. so Oldthrashbarg-sorry if you are a she. He/she/it, whatever, could you tell us what you meant?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i could be....But only he can give us the real answer...
    Yep and when you find out it's to late to tell the mortal world...

Nothing seems important anymore at the moment, like life's just a game... it's weird. As if we're all part of some big game and we've been given AI and someone up thre is just watching, like we each have our own lives but then they all wander and meet with each other, that we're insignificant really...

Sorry completely off topic.

ReputationRep:
    probably most of mine wen i first started! hahaha!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2004
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.