What is the dumbest quote youve seen in UKL? Watch

This discussion is closed.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just to poke my oar in.. maybe oldthrashbarg was saying he's agnostic. He doesn't actively believe that God exists but at the same time he doesn't actively disbelieve it either... still a bit of a weak way of putting it though!
Powerline
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Or maybe he was just trying to confuse me
_GáMMá_
Report 15 years ago
Actually, the dumbest quote i've seen on UKL is something like this(i don't remember exactly):

Aim for the moon, but if you miss, you might catch a star

Well, it's something like that...
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Powerline)
I was just wondering, after seeing Mr White's signature(dumbest quote of the week) what everyone else thinks that is the dumbest quote that theyve seen on UKL.

I think that Oldthrashbarg's comment was the dumbest ive seen(shown in my signature) . He basically says the same thing twice, there is no difference between them!
what about my sig?
and also something for dumbness - i thought that MI5 & MI6 were motorways and that i thought it only snowed downstairs.
and it was a few weeks ago
Powerline
Rep:
?
(Original post by _GáMMá_)
Actually, the dumbest quote i've seen on UKL is something like this(i don't remember exactly):

Aim for the moon, but if you miss, you might catch a star

Well, it's something like that...
I dont think he/ahe meant it literally!

The point of it is that if you aim for something, and it doesnt turn out right, there is always something a litte smaller to aim for...

(apart from the fact that stars are billions of times bigger than moons, although i dont think he.she meant it like that)
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
probably most of mine wen i first started! hahaha!
The only one that has made me laugh out loud is on a thread regarding harry potter copying lord of the rings in which a new member whos name eludes me stated that 'last year i analised the hobbit'. Huntroyde picked up on it and i found it hilarious at the time, sad sense of humour!
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
The only one that has made me laugh out loud is on a thread regarding harry potter copying lord of the rings in which a new member whos name eludes me stated that 'last year i analised the hobbit'. Huntroyde picked up on it and i found it hilarious at the time, sad sense of humour!
hahaha that made me nearly cry, I would give you rep but I can't, hahaha
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)
hahaha that made me nearly cry, I would give you rep but I can't, hahaha
I was in a fit when i saw it! Just remember who i am the next time you have spare rep then!.... :
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
I was in a fit when i saw it! Just remember who i am the next time you have spare rep then!.... :
I will hahaha
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was just wondering, after seeing Mr White's signature(dumbest quote of the week) what everyone else thinks that is the dumbest quote that theyve seen on UKL.

I think that Oldthrashbarg's comment was the dumbest ive seen(shown in my signature) . He basically says the same thing twice, there is no difference between them!

Oldthrashbarg is a he. He is also Danish and IMO has an excellent standard of English language skills for a foreginer.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What, no-ones got any?
My all-time favourites have to be:

"I'm not a_musical_gal!" - a_musical_gal

"If you stopped starting threads asking us to stop then we might stop!" - ~*glitter*~

"The only reason I started spamming was because my first three accounts were banned!" - bono

"ur all fcukeing mrons" - Dazya

"If someone bullied me I would stab them in the head with a fork!" - Oanjum
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
My all-time favourites have to be:

"I'm not a_musical_gal!" - a_musical_gal

"If you stopped starting threads asking us to stop then we might stop!" - ~*glitter*~

"The only reason I started spamming was because my first three accounts were banned!" - bono

"ur all fcukeing mrons" - Dazya

"If someone bullied me I would stab them in the head with a fork!" - Oanjum
I like the last one v. much for some reason
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
I like the last one v. much for some reason
Yes... I laughed for ages when I saw it. I don't really know why, though.
oldthrashbarg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Well hello everyone! Nice to see that we are all having a good time. It is almost a pity spoiling this very interesting thread, but I feel compelled to explain to Powerline, yet again, the meaning of the quote:

"Yes, I don't believe that your god exists, but that is very different from saying that I believe he does not exist."

I don't really expect Powerline to undestand this, since understanding it requires a modicum of logic, but here goes: The difference is one of faith. Simply, whether or not I believe.

If I say that I believe something exists, this indicates positive belief in the existence of it. If I say that I do not believe it exists, this simply indicates an absence of belief. I may positively believe that it does not exist, or I may have no reason to form an opinion about it.

I suspect that the reason Powerline started this thread was to restore some semblance of self esteem after numerous humiliations suffered in various threads.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Yes... I laughed for ages when I saw it. I don't really know why, though.
Of course you know why...it's a very very 'stupid' comment.
oldthrashbarg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
... still a bit of a weak way of putting it though!
I do see your point, but you are basically making the assumption that we have positive faith in either the existence or non-existence of everything.

The reason I chose my words as I did, was to emphasize the fact that, until I see any indication of the existence of God, I have no reason to believe in either his existence or non-existence. It is up to those who postulate the existence of some sort of god to prove their theory.
oldthrashbarg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I think I have a neat little contender for the dumbest-quote award. Brought to you, unsurprisingly, by Powerline:

I didnt say "why cant you realise that God exists", did i? well, not at first, but then you started to ask questions like...'How can you be sure that your God exists?'
oldthrashbarg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Other worthy entries (all by Powerline incidentaly):

On God:

I would say hes not, or partly omniscient

i dont think that god is omninous

On arguing about God:

I am listening, but arguing is the best method to get my point accross.

Do you know how much you anger me. Your parents, your mum(it) your father (it) do not exist. That is what it feels like.

Just read the Bible or sumthing, all this anger is not good for me.

Theres no point argueing with you anyway.

On science:

natural disasters... theres some science involved.....volcanoes erupt because...blah blah science.....earth quakes occur because...science
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying it"

I found this to be not a dumb quote, but rather a funny one.
Powerline
Rep:
?
(Original post by oldthrashbarg)
If I say that I believe something exists, this indicates positive belief in the existence of it. If I say that I do not believe it exists, this simply indicates an absence of belief. I may positively believe that it does not exist, or I may have no reason to form an opinion about it.
If you meant it like this, why didnt you post the message like this i the first place? What is the point in causing the confusion, when you can clearly state it.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (203)
12.7%
Excited (139)
8.69%
Worried (291)
18.2%
Terrified (363)
22.7%
Meh (143)
8.94%
Confused (35)
2.19%
Putting on a brave face (221)
13.82%
Impatient (204)
12.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise