The Student Room Group

Applying to both UK and Chinese universities?

Hi there,

I am hoping to apply to both universities in the UK and in China. However, the final date that you must have your replies back to UK universities, depending on when they give you their offers, could possibly be up to two months before the Chinese universities are likely to even give you an offer! Is there a way around this problem?

Also, I have not been able to find any entry requirements for Chinese universities that show the Scottish Higher/Advanced Higher requirements. Does anyone know where these might be available?

Finally, I have been told that if you study in China, you are not permitted to take part-time work. Does this include tutoring? Are there any bursaries available for Scottish/UK pupils?

Thanks in advance! x
Reply 1
I'm not sure about the bit about getting offers from Chinese universities but since I go to university in China and I got my place a year before I got here (I deferred) without even applying through CUCAS. They do like to keep you waiting and then sorting everything out at the last minute. There don't seem to be specific requirements but you will most probably need to take HSK to quite a high level depending on what course you're taking.

Techincally on the student visa you're not permitted to take part-time work but it is possible to do it under the radar. I tutor twice a week.

Regarding bursaries, it's unlikely that the offer them to foreign students.
Reply 2
Original post by jyy1234
I'm not sure about the bit about getting offers from Chinese universities but since I go to university in China and I got my place a year before I got here (I deferred) without even applying through CUCAS. They do like to keep you waiting and then sorting everything out at the last minute. There don't seem to be specific requirements but you will most probably need to take HSK to quite a high level depending on what course you're taking.

Techincally on the student visa you're not permitted to take part-time work but it is possible to do it under the radar. I tutor twice a week.

Regarding bursaries, it's unlikely that the offer them to foreign students.

Thank you, this is a great help xx
Reply 3
Original post by JTR__
Thank you, this is a great help xx

If you have any other questions or need advice, feel free to contact me! :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending