The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Applying through Adjustment...Help

I hopefully have done much better than my predicted grades and will apply through the Adjustment process. Do I stand a reasonable chance of getting In with ABB at A-Level for Accountancy considering I have done Accounting A-Level? Thanks A lot! <3
Reply 1
My friend goes there for Accounting in Edinburgh, and you cannot study Accounting as a degree on its own. Also, her offer for A-Level was pretty high as I remember - higher than ABB for sure. Accounting (+other subject) is also a really popular degree choice at the university, so I don't think you're able to get in through the adjustment process or through clearing.

I don't think studying Accounting at A-level will help you. Isn't it seen as a cop-out subject by most RG unis? Everyone is on the same level playing field when university starts (for any subject), and the basics is taught. So it really does not matter if you've studied accounting at A-level before.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by yothi5
My friend goes there for Accounting in Edinburgh, and you cannot study Accounting as a degree on its own. Also, her offer for A-Level was pretty high as I remember - higher than ABB for sure. Accounting (+other subject) is also a really popular degree choice at the university, so I don't think you're able to get in through the adjustment process or through clearing.

I don't think studying Accounting at A-level will help you. Isn't it seen as a cop-out subject by most RG unis? Everyone is on the same level playing field when university starts (for any subject), and the basics is taught. So it really does not matter if you've studied accounting at A-level before.

Accounting and Finance it would have to be then. A-Level accounting may benefit me in year 1? I have done many aspects on Financial accounting. Even basic double entry system will have to be taught to many people who have no past experience In accounting?
Reply 3
Original post by Ryan_95
Accounting and Finance it would have to be then. A-Level accounting may benefit me in year 1? I have done many aspects on Financial accounting. Even basic double entry system will have to be taught to many people who have no past experience In accounting?

Finance is pretty solid, I heard so make sure you're "smart" and good at maths. Else, I heard that it will be hard work for you.

Well I'm sure it will help you, but your peers will soon catch up since the very very basics of accounting will be taught. Many uni courses assume no prior knowledge. Anyway, you will benefit from them since university material is EXTREMELY different from school and also in the way that it is taught.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending