The Student Room Group

What to wear for a uni open day?

So I'm going to my first uni open day on saturday (a bit late, I know...), what sort of thing would people generally wear to them? I'm female btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

What you would normally wear in the day.
Just wear normal casual clothes. One of the few things I remember from my uni open day was this one guy who turned up in a suit, he stood out like a sore thumb :biggrin:
Reply 3
Yeah casual stuff. Dress up a bit if you like but no need to look like youre in an office or a nightclub.
Jeans and a hoodie.
Reply 5
Anything you want
Reply 6
Don't be one of those guys that turns up in a suit. Just wear normal stuff.
Reply 7
When I was visiting universities everyone was just in their normal clothes :smile:
Reply 8
Normal clothes. Like you would any other day of the year. No one's going to care :smile:
Reply 9
Ahh ok, thank you for all the replies! That helps a lot, I had been intending to just wear jeans and a decent t-shirt/top or something my my parents said this wouldn't be smart enough! So thanks everyone, I will stick to this then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Flat shoes/pumps... you'll be doing a lot of walking, so be practical.
Original post by nexttime
Don't be one of those guys that turns up in a suit. Just wear normal stuff.

Always felt sorry for that guy
Reply 12
Nothing at all.
Reply 13
I think it will be more likely that people will be looking around the university, not at your outfit.
whitetie.jpg

I kid. Jeans and a hoodie is the default option. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Tabzqt
I think it will be more likely that people will be looking around the university, not at your outfit.

True, but I'd still rather be comfortable and in something similar to everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absolutely anything you like so lng as it is decent. When I went to my first open day I wasn't sure either, and when smart/casual, but was very surprised that so many people turned up in jeans and a hoodie, and at the point realised that I could be less formal for the next open days. :smile:
Reply 17
Reply 18
Original post by furryface12
True, but I'd still rather be comfortable and in something similar to everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just wear something normal then.
Were you planning on wearing something extravagant? :erm:
Oh and comfortable shoes!!!!!! Your feet might pain at the end of the day!

Quick Reply

Latest