Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone fully prepared for the Synoptic Paper (Phy6)?????

Well nope... hahaha...

I find the mock PHY6 paper kinda difficult and I am afraid that I won't get the grade I need!

And I did crap in AS physics today....

By the way good luck to ya all.

Do you happen to know any good sites that might explain accelerators properly as I don't understand my notes?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is a "ready" state, u jus gotta cross ur fingers and hope u can work out whats goin on in the questions, then write something without running out of time ..

Rob

ReputationRep:
    [COLOR=red]Ok, does anyone understand the analogies for capacitors and spring and radioactive decay and stuff, cos I really don't, and I need a half decent grade...and the Edexcel paper is tomorrow...why? Oh the horror!

Rachel
    xox

its gonna be a dirty exam. Its worth 40% of just your A2 grade, so overall, 20% of your whole A level.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, u have just made me panic, again...I really know nothing...have u any useful tips for particle accelerators?

Rachel
    xox

ReputationRep:
    Its not too complicated, just read through it slowly and you should be fine. main thing is to know about energy/mass equations and also about the different types of chamber for detecting particle tracks.

Wish everyone the best

ReputationRep:
    thanks...I'm reading...not understanding, but reading....could be the panic.

Thanks for the luck, gonna need it!

Rachel
    xox

when reading that passage in the synoptic, the idea is not to understand everything from the text, because the questions that they ask you is on data from the text based on your own ability. So reading the text over and over again until you understand it does no good to you. Just relax and think!!!!

ReputationRep:
    im really scared bout it-i always thought physics 6 was harder than p3

not necassarily. PHY6 you can blag it if you think you know the answer. P3, its either u can do it or you can't.

ReputationRep:
    is edexcel physics the ssame as salters horners physics or is there 2 different edexcel ones?

ReputationRep:
    salter horners looks more practical to me! perhaps more useful!

As for the exam tomorrow, its going to be a case of DO NOT PANIC! I'm just going through the syllabus (From Edexcel website) and revising all the topics listed. Don't forget to re-learn the basics! It's no good knowing the complex bits if you can't explain something easy and remember the difference between the mass and antomic numbers for example! Might be just me but im finding those good to go over.
    Have a look at the specimin paper from the edexcel website might that will highlight any problems?
    I sound like i'm speaking from experience... but I am taking the exam 2moro too! Just saying whats helping me :-)

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.