The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Chocolate, and lots of it!

You kind of learn to deal with it.. it gets better as time goes on.
Reply 2
You just have to learn to take what they throw at you. It sucks, but if you don't you'd just collapse. Also, chocolate and M&Ms cookies are very useful.
Reply 3
Oh, and purely to help you stay awake: tea/coffee/coke/whatever else contains dangerously high levels of caffeine. Handy for the all-nighters. And the whole of week 8.
Reply 4
About half an hour of worrying myself to death and then I get a grip, prioritise and just get on with it! Then I really get into it and feel ever so passionate abotu my subject and realise that I DO enjoy being here after all. :smile:
My friend says that according to his sister (first year, Oriental, surname Ah-Kin, doing maths at Clare, maybe somone knows her?) it's really easy and there isn't much stress at all :tongue:
Reply 6
Harry Potter
My friend says that according to his sister (first year, Oriental, surname Ah-Kin, doing maths at Clare, maybe somone knows her?) it's really easy and there isn't much stress at all :tongue:

Yes, I think I know her. She's damn lucky if she thinks it's all easy. I certainly don't think so at midnight on Thursday nights, trying to write a bloody Biochem essay for the next day. Occasionally I get breakthroughs, like blissy says, where I remember my passion for the subject and really get into it. Other times it just feels like a massive slog.
Reply 7
Harry Potter

Is that because she's brilliant at Maths or because the subject involves far more "understanding" than learning facts such as Biology or writing essays like English. I find my Maths A-Level at the moment is certainly the most time consuming one! Luckily Physics (which I'll be doing at Oxbridge) takes me the most time and without revising in the mocks I got 93% on 2papers, 87% on synoptivc and 81% on pratical! oh well i can D's in each of my modules this year and still get an A!
Reply 8
Emma18
What do prospective and current oxbridge students do about stress?? are you all just much tougher than me? or do you have techniques?? :smile:

Adrenaline and Caffeine generally. There's a point about half four in the morning where my usefulness degrades drastically, so this year I've just been going and having a hot bath for twenty minutes before getting back to work then.

I also juggle to take my mind off things.

Alaric.
Alaric
Adrenaline and Caffeine generally. There's a point about half four in the morning where my usefulness degrades drastically, so this year I've just been going and having a hot bath for twenty minutes before getting back to work then.

I also juggle to take my mind off things.

Alaric.

i did alot of pro plus in my first year. have been clean for 17 months though...
J
Reply 10
Don't get obsessed with chocolate biscuits when you're revising (as i did last summer), if you've a ball to go to - the dress might suddenly not fit (mine still doesn't!)

Latest

Trending

Trending