How do oxbridge students cope with stress??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Emma18
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
What do prospective and current oxbridge students do about stress?? are you all just much tougher than me? or do you have techniques??
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chocolate, and lots of it!

You kind of learn to deal with it.. it gets better as time goes on.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You just have to learn to take what they throw at you. It sucks, but if you don't you'd just collapse. Also, chocolate and M&Ms cookies are very useful.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh, and purely to help you stay awake: tea/coffee/coke/whatever else contains dangerously high levels of caffeine. Handy for the all-nighters. And the whole of week 8.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
About half an hour of worrying myself to death and then I get a grip, prioritise and just get on with it! Then I really get into it and feel ever so passionate abotu my subject and realise that I DO enjoy being here after all.
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
My friend says that according to his sister (first year, Oriental, surname Ah-Kin, doing maths at Clare, maybe somone knows her?) it's really easy and there isn't much stress at all
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)
My friend says that according to his sister (first year, Oriental, surname Ah-Kin, doing maths at Clare, maybe somone knows her?) it's really easy and there isn't much stress at all
Yes, I think I know her. She's damn lucky if she thinks it's all easy. I certainly don't think so at midnight on Thursday nights, trying to write a bloody Biochem essay for the next day. Occasionally I get breakthroughs, like blissy says, where I remember my passion for the subject and really get into it. Other times it just feels like a massive slog.
Hoofbeat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)
Is that because she's brilliant at Maths or because the subject involves far more "understanding" than learning facts such as Biology or writing essays like English. I find my Maths A-Level at the moment is certainly the most time consuming one! Luckily Physics (which I'll be doing at Oxbridge) takes me the most time and without revising in the mocks I got 93% on 2papers, 87% on synoptivc and 81% on pratical! oh well i can D's in each of my modules this year and still get an A!
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Emma18)
What do prospective and current oxbridge students do about stress?? are you all just much tougher than me? or do you have techniques??
Adrenaline and Caffeine generally. There's a point about half four in the morning where my usefulness degrades drastically, so this year I've just been going and having a hot bath for twenty minutes before getting back to work then.

I also juggle to take my mind off things.

Alaric.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Adrenaline and Caffeine generally. There's a point about half four in the morning where my usefulness degrades drastically, so this year I've just been going and having a hot bath for twenty minutes before getting back to work then.

I also juggle to take my mind off things.

Alaric.
i did alot of pro plus in my first year. have been clean for 17 months though...
J
Rosy
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Don't get obsessed with chocolate biscuits when you're revising (as i did last summer), if you've a ball to go to - the dress might suddenly not fit (mine still doesn't!)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (84)
26.09%
No (238)
73.91%

Watched Threads