The Student Room Group

Life Crisis: A Level & Career Choice

Hi everyone! I've got a bit of a problem :s-smilie: I am waiting for my GCSE results this 22nd of August like everyone else but my problem is what happens after that. I LOVE Science! I breathe it. I live it. I couldn't imagine life without it. I am in awe of Science it's just sooooo beautiful . Sorry I sound soooo creepy my admiration is leaking through a tad too much :tongue: Anyway I know I have a C in maths because I did the linear paper then I resat the higher version of the paper but I'm waiting for that result. Truthfully, I have never been good at Maths, it's not that I despise maths quite the contrary I enjoy solving problems it's just I'm not good at maths. I want to be a Neuroscientist so badly but my maths lets me down and I know I could fail a level maths if I picked it . If I don't get a B in the higher maths GCSE paper I have decided Applied Science, Geography and Psychology are the way to go. However, my dream of being a Neuroscientist will have dissipated . What science careers could I possibly go for now? I am aiming for an A in Biology, a B/A in Chemistry and a B in Physics. My science is ok it's the maths:s-smilie:
Hey there. While you're waiting for a reply to your post, we thought we'd give your thread a timely bump.

But don't twiddle your thumbs in the meantime! Kick off your revision and study time by heading to our Learn Together section.

In Learn Together, you'll find interactive study tools to help make your revision quicker and easier. We've also got thousands of handpicked assignments analysed by great teachers, so you can learn from top-marked work. And there's tons more too: get started on Learn Together now!
Just wait till you get your maths results you may have done better then expected. Speak to college teachers as sometimes they allow a slightly lower entry requirements and if your other grades make up for it.
Im in sixth form (just finished AS) and my views of a career have changed so much since my GCSEs!! The truth is there is sooo many option of careers the list is endless! If your worried about not being able to go to uni, there are loads of unis with similar courses but with different entry requirements. No matter what your grades are there will ALWAYS be something that you dream of doing!!
Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thanks for the advice guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending