The Student Room Group

What size do you think is fat?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniellejo.
14+ generally.

There are always going to be people who say "Oh well I wear a size 6 on top and 16 on the bottom" or "my friend is a 14 and is just really curvy" but generally speaking if you're a 14+ all over (minus feet :tongue: ), then you're probably veering on the 'big' side. That's not saying they're obese hideous whales - but at that size you probably are going into the overweight category.

I agree with this, for shorter girls especially
This thread. :rofl2:

You can't simply say "This size, this height and this weight = fat"

It doesn't work like that, bodies, shapes and sizes do not work like that.

I have a friend who is a size 14 and has a really nice figure, nobody would look at her and think she is fat.
Yet a lot of people assume a size 14 is large.

It depends on so many things, your bone structure and muscles make a huge difference.

So long as you look in the mirror and feel comfortable and so long as you're healthy, it really does not matter.
Reply 42
Seeing as a large proportion of girls are overweight in the uk, and as the average size is around 10, anything bigger than that I would say is fat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by Vikki1805
This thread. :rofl2:

You can't simply say "This size, this height and this weight = fat"

It doesn't work like that, bodies, shapes and sizes do not work like that.

I have a friend who is a size 14 and has a really nice figure, nobody would look at her and think she is fat.
Yet a lot of people assume a size 14 is large.

It depends on so many things, your bone structure and muscles make a huge difference.

So long as you look in the mirror and feel comfortable and so long as you're healthy, it really does not matter.

Lol, I bet you feel well comfortable :biggrin:
Original post by Bloxorus
Seeing as a large proportion of girls are overweight in the uk, and as the average size is around 10, anything bigger than that I would say is fat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Average size is a 16, a 10 is small
I'm a size 6-8 and some of my friends are sizes 10-12-14-16 and they look much better than me, I'm not skinny but i feel out if proportion where as my friend are in proportion -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danny111
Lol, I bet you feel well comfortable :biggrin:

Why so? :curious:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The average UK size is a 16.

Size 6-8 are classed as extra small
Size 8-10 are classed as small
Size 10-12 are classed as medium
Size 12-14 are classed as large
Size 14-16 are classed as extra large

and so on.
Reply 47
Why so? :curious:

Your numerous pictures of course!

The average UK size is a 16.

Size 6-8 are classed as extra small
Size 8-10 are classed as small
Size 10-12 are classed as medium
Size 12-14 are classed as large
Size 14-16 are classed as extra large

and so on.

And really? 10 is small?
Your numerous pictures of course!

And really? 10 is small?

Oh, but of course. :pierre:

Yes, why is that so shocking? People seem to class size 10 as 'the perfect size'

Although a size 10 looks different on all different women, as my earlier post points out.
Reply 49
Oh, but of course. :pierre:

Yes, why is that so shocking? People seem to class size 10 as 'the perfect size'

Although a size 10 looks different on all different women, as my earlier post points out.

Because I have an ex who could fit into 8 even, and she isn't "small". At least not in my opinion.

And well I could agree with that classification, just not that it is "small". Maybe I have a different idea of what small means.
Because I have an ex who could fit into 8 even, and she isn't "small". At least not in my opinion.

And well I could agree with that classification, just not that it is "small". Maybe I have a different idea of what small means.

Your ex could have been a size 8 and 5ft and a dog end though? Therefore she may not have looked 'slim' although still 'short'

This is where size matters a lot.
Reply 51
Your ex could have been a size 8 and 5ft and a dog end though? Therefore she may not have looked 'slim' although still 'short'

This is where size matters a lot.

Wtf is a dog end?

Oh no, I meant she isn't small because she had a big booty :wink: But you are right, height matters a lot.
Reply 52
Original post by Another
... Slim at size 14? Size 12 I can accept, but to think someone can be described as being 'slim' at size 14 is pushing it.

@ OP, At that height I'd consider size 14 to be chubby and 16 to be fat.

Not if they were very tall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it also depends on your breast size at times. I am slimmer than some of my friends, but have to have wear a bigger top than them due to having naturally bigger breasts. But having that bigger size top doesn't mean I'm fat or fatter than someone wearing a smaller one
Original post by gemmatovey
I think it also depends on your breast size at times. I am slimmer than some of my friends, but have to have wear a bigger top than them due to having naturally bigger breasts. But having that bigger size top doesn't mean I'm fat or fatter than someone wearing a smaller one

Exactly. Sometimes I can't even get clothes to fit because of my boobs but that doesn't mean i'm fat.. :rolleyes:
Wtf is a dog end?

Oh no, I meant she isn't small because she had a big booty :wink: But you are right, height matters a lot.

A dog end is the end part of a cigarette (aka the butt), the phrase "...and a dog end" can often be used to describe something which is small.
You would pronounce it like eleftheria apaposu (apaposu is short for apapostolou) but you would say it like eh-leh-fth-eh-ree-ha. ah-pah-poh-stoo-loo , sorry for the confusion XXXxxx <3
Reply 57
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Exactly. Sometimes I can't even get clothes to fit because of my boobs but that doesn't mean i'm fat.. :rolleyes:

Well technically boobs are just sacks of fat so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
A dog end is the end part of a cigarette (aka the butt), the phrase "...and a dog end" can often be used to describe something which is small.

Okay, never heard that before. I thought it was something offensive :colondollar:
Well technically boobs are just sacks of fat so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually boobs are also breast tissue. You're really saying I'm fat because I have large boobs?

Quick Reply

Latest