The Student Room Group

What jobs can I get with triple science,art,wider key skills and food technology

So basically I have just chosen these as part of the yr 9 options and don't know what job I will be able to get with them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Your GCSEs do not determine your job placement in most cases, your alevels however determine your career path. Those are fine options but what is wider key skills? I'd take something like history, geography or a language to show more skills, also I hope your doing GCSE Maths and English as these are the two most important qualifications for employers GCSE wise.
Reply 2
Dear God. Just focus on doing well at your GCSEs. You don't need to think about that stuff until college/uni, and even then only within the sphere of your favourite subject, not the one leading to the best career prospects.

EDIT: I'm assuming in my answer that you're doing Maths and both English subjects, as Robbie rightly pointed out. But really; just do well at this stage; your GCSE choices are far less important than your A-Level choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Yes I have to do gcse maths and English any way lol and I don't have to do à language as things that's happened in the past with that teacher and wider key skills help on you people skills and working with other

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Acestar99
Yes I have to do gcse maths and English any way lol and I don't have to do à language as things that's happened in the past with that teacher and wider key skills help on you people skills and working with other

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good then. Then do history or geography? Wider key skills really won't help you bar giving you common sense people skills
Reply 5
You could be the new Heston Bloomenthal (probably spelt wrong, IDK) with those qualifications.
Reply 7
Reply 8
Any job you want?
Reply 9
Original post by Acestar99
I don't have to do à language as things that's happened in the past with that teacher and wider key skills help on you people skills and working with other

Posted from TSR Mobile

English, maths, sciences and a language are probably the most important GCSEs
Reply 10
Wow, this was 8 years ago- I am currently choosing my GCSEs :0
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending