Turn on thread page Beta

The healthiest diet a teenager can have. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In your opinion, what is the healthiest diet at a teenager can have? VT.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Well in a brief summary: high protein and vegetables, moderate carbs., healthy fats, natural sugars (e.g. from fruit) and plenty of water

ReputationRep:
    One that doesn't make him a fat *******.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, its you. I thought you was leaving, or the post you made the other day said you was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks, I'm going to devise a healthy diet from that.

ReputationRep:
    One which incorporates all the food groups in appropriate amounts, without rigidity, obsession, persistent overindulgence or starvation. The number of people who develop eating disorders in their teenage years is depressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnome :))
    One which incorporates all the food groups in appropriate amounts, without rigidity, obsession, persistent overindulgence or starvation. The number of people who develop eating disorders in their teenage years is depressing.
    What do you mean? Eat broadly without sticking to a diet, like most normal people do? I considered that, but, I want to take care of my body. I might be missing the point entirely mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VT.)
    What do you mean? Eat broadly without sticking to a diet, like most normal people do? I considered that, but, I want to take care of my body. I might be missing the point entirely mind.
    My advice if you want to do this: do 2 days of your new 'superhealthy' diet followed by a day where you eat like your friends. Maybe once a week or two have a true cheat day (whatever the hell you like). But if it's not perfect then it doesn't matter. Love your body the way it is, don't try to drastically change it (though if you want to get fit, that's fine, but balance it with everything else like studies, friends, your non-health and fitness related hobbies.) Don't sweat the small stuff, it's not worth it!

ReputationRep:
    McD's n pizza hut innit. That's what I eats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    My advice if you want to do this: do 2 days of your new 'superhealthy' diet followed by a day where you eat like your friends. Maybe once a week or two have a true cheat day (whatever the hell you like). But if it's not perfect then it doesn't matter. Love your body the way it is, don't try to drastically change it (though if you want to get fit, that's fine, but balance it with everything else like studies, friends, your non-health and fitness related hobbies.) Don't sweat the small stuff, it's not worth it!
    That does sound good, and way to have a 'mixed' diet as they say. Um, the small stuff?

ReputationRep:
    One which doesn't create bad relationships with particular foods and food groups.

ReputationRep:
    You should read up on nutrition it is actually very simple. There are 5 food groups, fats, proteins, carbohydrates, fibres and I forgot the last one. All you have to do for a healthy diet is to eat all of them. If you arrange those foods into a pyramid with the fibre and carbs at the bottom and the fats and sugars at the top you end up with a rough guide to the amounts of each that you should eat. I.e less fats and more fibre. Also lots of water. I personally fail at this, i need to try harder.

ReputationRep:
    Lower you keep the carbs/sugar, the easier you'll loose weight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you don't smoke or do drugs and don't get pissed every week then you're already healthier than most.

Avoiding processed/hydrogenated fats/highly refined sugar is good though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    If you don't smoke or do drugs and don't get pissed every week then you're already healthier than most.

Avoiding processed/hydrogenated fats/highly refined sugar is good though.
    Synthetic drugs*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.