This discussion is closed.
debog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
ok i know this is sad as i'm 18 years old
but i'm seriously worried that the fact this book comes out in the middle of my a2's will effect my performance
due to the fact that i absolutely have to read it the day it comes out!
HELP!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hiya, yeah, I'm 18 too, and I can't wait for the book to come out. My exams finish on the 24th, 3 days too late. My friend pre-ordered the book for me, but I don't want to see it until after my last exam. Therefore, hopefully I won't have the urge to pick up the book and read it, as if I do, I won't be able to put it down till I've finished. When do your exams finish? If they only finish a few days after the OOTP comes out, see if you can contain yourself if you think that else your work will suffer.
Good luck for your exams, and don't worry I know loads of people in my year who also can't wait for OOTP to come out.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I read All the H.P. books last year. I've been waiting all year to atleast read this book. Has it come out yet? Even if it has I don't think my parents will let me buy the book. I'll have to wait until it gets into the library. What should I do? I'm 10.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
it is now out today!!!!i have just finished my AS exams so apart from the fact i now have to go to college again to start my A2 work i can sit down and read the 5th HP book.....ive also heard that there is 2 more yet to come out
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi, by the way, I'm the preson who posted the first reply. Only 3ish days left until I can read harry potter. I'm gonna meet my friend after my 2 morning exams, and b4 her afternoon exams, and get the book off her. I can't wait. Roll on tuesday (afternoon). Oh, and to the 10 year old girl (are you the youngest ever person to post on this board?) Try begging your parents every day, till they give in, or tell them that your friends have got the book, or why don't you promise that you'll do lots of jobs around the house. Or of course there's waiting until a friend has finished reading, so she can lend you the book.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whoops sorry, the 10 year old could be a boy too, so sorry I mean, to the 10 year old kid! And try to see if there are any harry potter events you can go to, maybe at the library.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yey, i have also finished my AS exams and i'm not really that bothered about my college work for the next few weeks (very bad attitude i know)- but i'm gutted i couldn't get the book today because i was working : ( i will get it tomorrow : )
does anyone know where the cheapest place to buy it is? i founds it in the works for £8.99 + i i don't think that'll be beaten- but if anyone can i want to know!!!
can anyone who finishes it really quickly make sure they don't give the story away for those who haven't. i really don't want to know who dies (until actually read it that is)
am so excited about reading it *does funky dance*
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i think asda sells for 8.69
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
woolworths are selling it for 7.99, thats the best deal i've seen so far. i've got my last A2 exam on the 24th, but I couldnt keep myself from going out on sat and buying the book! its great so far! by page 50, you already have a few revelations!!
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you people are sick.

love Katy ***
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
just to let you know...dumbledore dies!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No one had better put any spoilers on this thread, else I'll stop reading it. I've still got three days until I can finally read the book, so please don't spoil it for us unfortunate people who have not had the chance to read the book yet.
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
just to let you know...dumbledore dies!
You betta be lying- and if you're not than thanx a ton- guess i'm going to have to read to find out...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
im not lying, but enjoy his death.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I finished this afternoon - had me gripped all weekend- I didn;t even turn my computer on on saturday- and if you knew me you would know that was an amazing thing! -not even a small play on isketch!
anyway- I greatly enjoyed it- very very sad though about the death - (I wont specify and spoil incase you havn;t read it yet) - how I liked that character...*sigh*

anyone else go to ottackers at midnight? my local one opened and we went along especting to be...alone and were stunned by the large crowd of 130+ (considering tis a small town). There was a family that was all dressed up with a very film-like version of malfoy that was zooming around on his plastic broom aswell as a whole host of characters, aswell as the not so glamorous but highly amusing person dressed in two tea-towls with a tea-cosy on his head- one can only assume he was immitating a house elf...

anyway I shall be quiet because I am mumbling on...I may set up a related post as I would quite like to discuss the book

...*notices that everyone is now alseep and leaves without bothering to wake them up*...
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Egan, please do set up another post to talk about the book- that way once i finish (or even start) the book i can talk about + i want have the worry of finding out the plot by accident.
I'm so annoyed I haven't even started it- worked all day yesterday so couldn't get it : ( went into town today + could I find it? no- unless I wanted to pay about £5 more than anywhere else- but i have been promiseda copy tomorrow. *sigh of relief*
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
right you are...

new thread coming through....
The Dude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't understand this Harry Potter craze (I haven't read any of the books though). I saw the first film and thought it was rubbish! I suppose I can see why it might appeal to children but I can't understand why its so big with adults too! Whats so good about it? It's not exactly Lord of the Rings is it! How come Harry Potter is so big, whats so good about it I can't understand why it is so big?
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would agree that the films are utter rubbish- however recomment that you read the books- don;t be put off by a slow star- I think you might be pleasantly suprised!

as for LOTR - only a few more months and at last the two towers will be out to buy...and then a few more for return of the king *fingers twitch will anticipation* - how I long for that time...

infact- I was just going to set up a thread about it- I'm in that sort of a mood!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok, if there is going to be a new thread to discuss OOTP (that's brill), and it has to happen. But if possible, can you start it after the exams are over (at least the chem ones). Also, on the title of the thread can you warn everyone that there are spoilers, for those who haven't read the book yet. Either way, as soon as I've finished reading te book, I'll probably join the thread, and bug the hell out of all of the none harry potter loving people out there.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (301)
34.28%
No (577)
65.72%

Watched Threads