The Student Room Group

Business management courses

Hi

Im Sophie , 18 and going to be applying for uni in a couple of months and so I was wondering on what you guys think the best university is out of these choices or could recommend a university good for business studies

Im doing the BTEC extended diploma in business and based on this years work , if i do exactly the same next year , im predicted to get D* D* D* on my course

I have 6 c's and 4 d's at GCSE and also have functional skills ict and work skills

the choices i have chosen are :

Brunel - business and management

middlesex - business management

leeds met - business and management

UWE , Bristol - business and management

essex - business management

Also what's the difference between a BSC and a BA in business management ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Reply 2
Hi! How is it going Sophie? I´m taking my first year at Brunel and I´m quite exited, It has a good level for business and management courses and it´s also very well located. I´ve heard only good things about this Uni so, In my opinion, it is the best choice. However, I think Bristol and Essex have better level for that course.
Reply 3
Thanks for the reply
I think it seems like a good uni too so hopefully I might decide to go to brunel next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by smartie94
Thanks for the reply
I think it seems like a good uni too so hopefully I might decide to go to brunel next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sophie have you got a C in English & Maths? (GCSE)

From my perspective i will highly recommend Brunel.

Good points:-
Personal:-
Close to city (London)
Campus is well equipped with facilities
Very friendly environment
surrounding are great (west London is better)
Good transport links.

Other points:-

Good reputation
placement year
New business building (Brunel business school)

Essex comes close, but Brunel is better in almost everything.

I am going this Sept Stuck between Brunel and Aston business school.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Yeah I have c in English and maths
I'm liking the look of brunel too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hi Sophie,

It sounds like you are off to a great start in your business studies! Not sure if you are aware, but the BTEC in Business is equivalent to the first two years of university and so, it may allow you direct entry to a one-year top up to a Honours Degree?

You can view a full list of universities that offer 3-year business courses, as well as top up degrees at: http://bit.ly/15l6XNd Or, you can check the league table published by the Guardian at: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2013/jun/04/university-guide-business-management-studies

Regarding the difference between a BSc and a BA, I found a comprehensive answer posted by CoachT here: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100305095916AAEjMLu

One final thought have you ever considered distance learning because I know top up degrees are available online as well?

Hope this helps, and good luck with your studies!

Alex
Reply 7
Are u sure my course is equivalent to 2 years of a degree ? It's only level 3 so I'm not sure i would be able to go straight onto a degree
Thanks for the advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hi Sophie,

Sorry for the confusion, I thought you currently hold a BTEC Level 5, which is equivalent to the first 2 years of a degree. With a BTEC Level 3, you may be allowed entry to study for a full degree - best to contact the Admissions Team of your chosen education provider to discuss.

Good luck!
Reply 9
Ok thanks for the help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending