The Student Room Group

Anybody recommend me headphones to use at the gym?

I want some good in ear headphones for the gym

Can anybody recommend some

I want them to be comfortable of course and good quality
i listen to rap and r&b mostly

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
.....anybody
Original post by 3mmz
I want some good in ear headphones for the gym

Can anybody recommend some

I want them to be comfortable of course and good quality
i listen to rap and r&b mostly

Price?
Reply 3
£100 max
Original post by 3mmz
£100 max

Shure SE215 then. One of the best headphones on the market in terms of ergonomics for exercise, and great audio quality for the price. You should even have enough left over in your £100 budget to purchase a spare cable from Logitech, designed for their high end UE900 headphone. For £20 the cable is a lot slimmer and lighter, much better for use at the gym.
Reply 5
hmm any others?

i was thinking bose sie2's? made for sport apparently
Original post by 3mmz
hmm any others?

i was thinking bose sie2's? made for sport apparently

Bose's stuff is meh, and they're not particularly better suited to sport than the SE215s. Bose have the winged tips for securing them in the ear with the cable worn down, Shure have an over-the-ear cable design and a form factor that cradles itself in the ear. The result is an equally secure fit, I use my 215s to run to work in.
Reply 7
hmmm recommend anything else other than the shires?
Original post by 3mmz

In terms of a secure fit for exercise with the best possible sound quality, not really. What exactly is it you don't like about them?
Reply 9
anyone of the headphones that goes over the shape of the ear
Reply 10
Original post by 3mmz

Why?

I've got them, and they're really good. What's your problem with them?

Are you waiting for someone to suggest Beats headphones?
I have some standard £5 earphones that do the job perfectly well, no point spending £100 in my opinion.
Get some £5 earphones and do a loop around your ear. Never have any problems with them falling out when I do that.
Reply 13
Hmmm not sure really lol
They go behind the ear...are they comfortable?!? Are they not likely to fall out?
I plan to use the headphones I buy with my ipad shuffle.

People say get £5 earphones but I want some good ones that last and will block out sound in the gym such as external music, people chatting etc lol
Reply 14
Original post by Elcano
Why?

I've got them, and they're really good. What's your problem with them?

Are you waiting for someone to suggest Beats headphones?

Are they that good?
They are not made for exercise though are they.....like the Bose "sie2" range which absorbs sweat and stay in your ear etc....
Original post by 3mmz
Hmmm not sure really lol
They go behind the ear...are they comfortable?!? Are they not likely to fall out?
I plan to use the headphones I buy with my ipad shuffle.

People say get £5 earphones but I want some good ones that last and will block out sound in the gym such as external music, people chatting etc lol

The whole point of going around the ear is to make for the best fit. Unless you're going to be doing cartwheels the cable is a lot more secure going around the ear than hanging straight down. The fit is also a lot more comfortable, in my opinion, than headphones worn straight down, hence why a large portion of the audiophile market use this form factor to some degree.
Reply 16
Exactly lol
Which ones do you recommend
Reply 17
Original post by 3mmz
They go behind the ear...are they comfortable?!?

For me, yes.

Original post by 3mmz
Are they not likely to fall out?

Quite unlikely, in my experience.

Original post by 3mmz

Yep, they definitely do that.

Original post by 3mmz
They are not made for exercise though are they...

No, they're not, that is true.
Reply 18
Original post by Elcano
For me, yes.

Quite unlikely, in my experience.

Yep, they definitely do that.

No, they're not, that is true.

Looool nicely done
It's the gym, you're not there to jizz over the clarity of each note or the bass, you're there to work out. A cheap will block out people talking and possibly the music they play in the gym.

But if you want to waste your money that's your call, just providing my input. I've got an expensive pair but I'd never take them to the gym, it's pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending