I've got some marks back but I am doing badly?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Probably the wrong place to ask as people on here are geniuses but I have got most my marks back now.

Computer based Audio - 46% (this was team based)
Entreprenuer Techniques and Management - 68%
Networking Technology (basicaly WIN2003 adminstration) 59%
C++ Programming - 74%
Computer Design (graphics module) - B (somewhere betweenn 60-70%)
ASP - Mark still waiting but should be above 70%.

From those results I think I can forget about getting a first but I should still be able to get a 2:1.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's not too bad - most people get their average up by between 3% and 5% between the second and third year.

There is a big step up between first and second year - not in difficulty but in how strictly things are marked (basically they're marking your second year stuff to final/degree level standards)...but once they've stepped up it doesn't step up again in the third year.

Good exam technique can also (in some subjects) push your average mark up by another 5%.

Congrats on the programming mark - that will be the one future employers will be interested in.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
good work mate keep it up

anyway i'm going to the cafe, later
AT82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
That's not too bad - most people get their average up by between 3% and 5% between the second and third year.

There is a big step up between first and second year - not in difficulty but in how strictly things are marked (basically they're marking your second year stuff to final/degree level standards)...but once they've stepped up it doesn't step up again in the third year.

Good exam technique can also (in some subjects) push your average mark up by another 5%.

Congrats on the programming mark - that will be the one future employers will be interested in.
Yeah hopefully the marking is a lot stricter as my average grade in the first year was 62% for the 12 modules however I knew it didn't count so I didn't work as hard as have done last semester. The other programming module (ASP) I did the second best assignment on my course so I am hoping for 80%+ in that.

Somebody on my team has 30% and 40%'s in everything so I can't be doing that bad, its just I know somebody who got 70%+ in everything.
tommyboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Probably the wrong place to ask as people on here are geniuses but I have got most my marks back now.

C++ Programming - 74%

From those results I think I can forget about getting a first but I should still be able to get a 2:1.
Most of these are really good marks. And a 2:1 is a very respectable degree (at most universities only very very few people actually graduate with a First, which means that a high 2:1 is basically a brilliant degree). However, this doesn't mean that you can't get a First; you might very well be able to pull yourself up a bit over the next few years, I guess.
baby_grl14
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)

C++ Programming - 74%

baby_grl14
Report 16 years ago

well i am sorry that you are doing badly iam to but it will all fly over ok
:confused: moryah
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (86)
27.3%
No (229)
72.7%

Watched Threads