The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
aleathiel
meh seems like it, oh well as long as they send me the info for my room soon!

Lol Amy I got a letter from Swindon college today about how to enrol, when I told them I don't want their offer anymore :p:
ha ha ha, i keep getting them from lincoln uni... even though ive been a DMU student for a year lol... the last one i got was telling me about a trip they were going on ha ha ha
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 61
There seem to be a fair few De Montfort people on here, you guys think we should push for a general Leicester sub forum, there don’t seem to be enough students from Leics on here for some odd reason. I think between us we should have more then enough students.

Also I’m intrigued as to De Montfort students perceptions of us as a student body, I've found that one of the things that annoys me about Leics is the ridiculously malicious rivalry between the two places, and there seems to be a rather undeserved superiority complex around certain sections of our students. It bugs me, particularly the whole ‘DMUsed to it' (witty :rolleyes:) thing. I guess I just want to say not all of us are d*cks really:redface: (and it annoys me even more that I feel I should say this)
meh Im used to rivalry lol, two colleges in Swindon and they're both rivals :p:
KayleighJazzGirl
http://www.unofficial-guides.com/guides/demontfort-comments.html

that links quite useful on what current students think of dmu, however some comments kinda make me worry!

Despite all the pointless us vs. them stuff on that site, there are a number of very sensible reviews that would mirror my experience. I particularly like some of these choice cuts:

"...if the reason you want to go to Uni is to get drunk and have a good time then go for it, as you surely will. If you're at all interested in learning anything useful, however, then you'll have your work cut out for you."
"...i want to leave after a week..."
"most of my friends are there and it seems like a massive scam whereby they take their tuition fee's and run"

I hate to brag, but I think that my depiction was slightly closer to the mark - that DMU is to university what Mohammed Atta was to the New York skyline.
has anyone had their accommodation stuff yet from dmu? :redface: I'm still waiting even though I had an email from them on july 28th stating that foundation students would be allocated "shortly" :mad: meh I hate waiting lol
Reply 65
aleathiel
has anyone had their accommodation stuff yet from dmu? :redface: I'm still waiting even though I had an email from them on july 28th stating that foundation students would be allocated "shortly" :mad: meh I hate waiting lol
i still havent sent my P76 yet lol :s:
oops, when was the deadline for yours?
Reply 67
aleathiel
oops, when was the deadline for yours?
well ive still got about 2 months before i enrol, so ive got a fair bit of time yet.

i got a new one in the post today, so i'll send it back tomorrow :smile:
Hey guess what Amy, I just had an email from DMU saying that they never got my apf but they have now updated their systems so I will be sent a contract pack :rolleyes: well at least it's sorted now lol :smile:
Reply 69
aleathiel
Hey guess what Amy, I just had an email from DMU saying that they never got my apf but they have now updated their systems so I will be sent a contract pack :rolleyes: well at least it's sorted now lol :smile:
told you they were bloody crap!!!!

i'll give you an instance, theres this woman who works on the desk in student services, it takes her 3 hours to say 5 words shes that stupid!
lol poor woman :rofl:
Reply 71
aleathiel
lol poor woman :rofl:
shes quite nice looking though but shhhh :biggrin: :wink:
oooh really hehe :p:

I wont tell her lol promisse :wink: :biggrin:

I'll keep an eye out for her though hehe
Reply 73
aleathiel
oooh really hehe :p:

I wont tell her lol promisse :wink: :biggrin:

I'll keep an eye out for her though hehe
shes quite hispanic looking
Amy
shes quite hispanic looking

hehe take it ya like that :p:
Reply 75
aleathiel
hehe take it ya like that :p:
just a bit lol
Amy
just a bit lol

hehe cool :smile:

edit: got my room yay!!! :biggrin:
Reply 77
Hi, I should be starting at DMU in Leicester this September doing English and Psychology. My first accommodation choice is Newarke Point and I've received that card back saying they received the form.

I did hold an unconditional offer at Aberystwyth Uni but a change in circumstances meant I needed to change courses and location so I applied through UCAS extra.
For a few months earlier this year I lived with some DMU students in Leicester. I had the best time, everyone was so friendly and the social life was amazing. I taught myself a lot of my A level courses as I was living 150 miles from my school (not to be recommended lol) and it was great to experience Uni life before actually being there.
I have read a lot of negative stuff about DMU since applying which is making me a bit apprehentious. I did consider applying for Leicester Uni instead but I had so much fun with the DMU students and heard nothing but good things about it from them so hopefully it will live up to my expectations. I'm predicted 320 points so the requirements of 180 points were a bit off putting, but then again Uni is whatever you make out of it. :smile:
Reply 78
woo hoo finally got my accomodation ill be staying at liberty park, dont no what its like in there, any adivce?? :smile:
Reply 79
imnottelling
woo hoo finally got my accomodation ill be staying at liberty park, dont no what its like in there, any adivce?? :smile:

Haha I got my accommodation through on Monday. I'm staying at Liberty Park too! What block, floor, flat are you in etc? It looks really nice on pictures and the website.

Latest

Trending

Trending