The Student Room Group

Bmat and UKCAT books

I am starting my prperation for bmat and ukcat, and was looking for good books to prepare for. But the KAPLAN book, which is one of the best, is £500 on Amazon and very unaffordable. Does anyone have suggestions for where I can find a cheaper hard copy, PDF file or e book for KAPLAN bmat and ukcat books?
Reply 1
I did the ukcat last year and revised for 2 weeks with one book, came out with a score of 3020. I used succeeding in the ukcat by matt green, graham Blackman, riaz gulab and James rudge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thank you! I will definitely consider this book for UKCAT prep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
the 600 ukcat questions or something like that is worth it's weight in gold!!
Reply 4
Any suggestions for bmat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
+1 for the 600 UKCAT questions, the greeny-blue one. Got 725 :smile:
Original post by Monsterman1313
Any suggestions for bmat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Preparing for the BMAT' Heinemann
(ISBN: 978-0-435-04687-3

Out of curiosity, how did you know you wanted to do medicine?
Back in the day I used this one but there were (as reviewers note) a fair number of errors in it, but the UKCAT was very new back then (as a side note I wonder if the data has shown high UKCAT correlates with better doctors)

I also just used online free question banks.. one of which no longer exists, the other I can't access at the moment but was called medicas.org.uk but I can't remember which one was good.. too long ago!
Reply 8
For the UKCAT I used the 600Q book, the official practice tests and the advice on medify (not the questions although they do seem like they are worth doing). I don't think you will need to spend a fortune on the Kaplan book as you will probably find that the questions repeat themselves somewhat.
As for the BMAT, the 400Q book is a good starting point although some of the science questions in there are beyond the level of knowledge you are expected to know for the BMAT exam. I revised GCSE sciences through textbooks and also used the past papers on the BMAT website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending