Addicted to "les miserables"

Watch
Spairos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have been so addicted to the new film "les miserables"

Since the beginning of the year I have watched this movie on cinemas already 3 times (each time with different friends of mine)
Also have watched together (on pc) a few times with other people
Plus some times on my own.

In addition, I am listening to individual songs of the movie on youtube while doing activities or studying.

Plus, (I like singing) I have learnt most of the songs by my own and I sing them all the day (especially Javert's ones)

Clearly my all-times favourite movie (also favourite musical, or opera thing) and by distance
Fatima95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The songs can be very addictive. After I saw the movie I ended up watching loads of video's from broadway productions of les mis. Even now I still love listening to the songs, they never get old!
Charlotte-Emily
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you truly love that film / musical you should watch phantom of the opera it to is amazing and the songs are so addictive xX

Posted from TSR Mobile
Angel of Music
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm just sitting here grinning like a Cheshire Cat singing A Heart Full of Love.

... Not necessarily at the same time.
MangoFreak
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been obsessed since last year's October (I saw the trailer for the film) :mmm:
yepyepyep
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh you poor thing.
Smaug123
  • Study Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Charlotte-Emily)
If you truly love that film / musical you should watch phantom of the opera it to is amazing and the songs are so addictive xX
Les Mis is soooo much better although I must admit that I disliked the film of Les Mis, and I haven't seen a non-film of PotO, so I'm not comparing like with like.
Tim2341
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What is Le Mis about?
yepyepyep
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tim2341)
What is Le Mis about?
The cheerful endeavours of a bunch of beaming kiddies.
ChocolateMelody
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Join the club - Eddie Redmayne singing empty chairs at empty tables :cry2::love:

i absolutely loved the film though - it was brilliantly well done
lucine.B
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I looooove musicals and les mis is one of my favs! But have you even seen the original or did this 'addiction' start just last year???

I've seen it on the west end like 6 times and once i saw it consecutively twice. Although thats not the worst. I haven't seen les mis as much as other musicals i love!
lucine.B
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Smaug123)
Les Mis is soooo much better although I must admit that I disliked the film of Les Mis, and I haven't seen a non-film of PotO, so I'm not comparing like with like.
Before i finished reading this I gasped so hard haha
Well i don't know if i could pick but i do really really love The phantom! But i am in love with les mis as well...really truly cannot decide haha
Maybe you should see both the movie and the play for both! Then you can really compare, i think you'd love it
User1014865
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Me too! I've never seen the movie but I want to see the play. I listened to the soundtrack and fell in love with the songs. I sing the songs almost everyday
yayifications
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh my God, this describes my boyfriend and my other close friend in a nutshell. They turn literally everything into a Les Mis reference, sing the songs constantly, they even sing everyday sentences in a 'Les Mis'-style hahaha. Luckily I like the musical too (already did before the film) so it isn't that irritating, but a lot of other people we're around hate it, haha!
constantmeowage
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Actually, I'd really like to see it, sooooo
Habsburg
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's fine. As Plantagenet Crown said, it's perfectly normal to have phases like this. I am currently addicted to Die Fledermaus and Die Lustige Witwe, although I don't sing along.

I'd love to see Les Misérables, though.
Angel of Music
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We were watching it Friday night, and my friend came round to drop off some keys, and Empty Chairs at Empty Tables was on. She opened the door, held out the keys and just stared at me like, "AGAIN?".

Anyways:

AARON TVEIT!

I cried. A lot.
Spairos
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angel of Music)
I'm just sitting here grinning like a Cheshire Cat singing A Heart Full of Love.

... Not necessarily at the same time.
Maybe we could have a duet
Spairos
Rep:
?
(Original post by yayifications)
Oh my God, this describes my boyfriend and my other close friend in a nutshell. They turn literally everything into a Les Mis reference, sing the songs constantly, they even sing everyday sentences in a 'Les Mis'-style hahaha. Luckily I like the musical too (already did before the film) so it isn't that irritating, but a lot of other people we're around hate it, haha!
Looks like your boyfriend is very similar to me XD
I am like that too.
Angel of Music
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Spairos)
Maybe we could have a duet
I can only sing the Cosette part... :-P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (98)
5.07%
Uncertainty around my education (290)
15.01%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (205)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (270)
13.98%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (85)
4.4%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (111)
5.75%
Loneliness (166)
8.59%
Financial worries (69)
3.57%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.45%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.76%
Lack of real life entertainment (106)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (170)
8.8%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (184)
9.52%

Watched Threads