The Student Room Group

Sixth form pre course assesment - help

Hey

So I have received an information packet about the registration day at my new sixth form. At one point in the day I am to do a pre course assessment online. Does this mean I will be tested on my chosen subjects? They are the three sciences and history. When I went there for the day I was tested by the heads of department so I am unsure why I would have to take this test. Have any of you had experience with this, are you tested on something different?

Thank you

Harriett :smile:
Reply 1
We never had this. They just looked at our grades and if they were good enough, we were allowed to take the subject.

However, a few weeks or so after the start of term there were practice tests in-class to see if we were really suited to take the subject (as exam boards, teaching styles etc) change. I failed my tests because I fell awfully ill mid-2nd week and came back the week the tests happened, but they still allowed me to continue (as were others who failed the tests, even if no excuse), but my Chemistry teacher did ring my Mum. :redface:
Reply 2
We did pre-course assessments for Maths and English regardless of our chosen subjects. To the best of my knowledge, it's just to see whether you might need extra support or something in classes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest