The Student Room Group

Scottish girls

Am I the only one who finds a scottish accent attractive? i see quite a few people on here knocking it, but I absolutely love the accent :smile:

My time up north (Scotland) I found Scottish girls to be friendlier and more approachable than English girls. Was it just me thinking the place was amazing because I'm a tourist or is it true? Of course though my time to approach girls was limited as I was busy doing touristy stuff in the countryside.

*oh and I'm aware there are unfriendly people everywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Don't worry about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
The Scottish accent can be heaven or hell. It usually either sends a shiver down my spine (in a good way) or sounds like someone using a sander against my ear drums. It often depends on whether the speaker is female or male...
I love Scottish accents! :biggrin: On boys though, obviously.
Reply 4
Being Scottish I'm used to the accent and don't find it appealing or unappealing. But yeah we're awesome :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish I came from Scootland :moon:
Reply 6
I feel the need to point out that there are quite a few different Scottish accents. People from Edinburgh sound quite different to people from Glasgow while an Aberdeen accent is different still.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some scottish accents are ace (like mine) others... not so much. But the same applies everywhere, like we've got our own version of cockney in glaswegians, sort of thing haha.
I love scottish girls' appearance, but the accent, especially the strong ones, is a turn off :frown:
Thanks :h: I'd like to think i'm one of many friendly, approachable girls. :smile: As a Scottish person, I don't think our accent sounds appealing at all, especially on us girls but that's just my opinion :p:
Reply 10
I went up to Scotland recently and I found the girls to be some of the most horrible trashy girls ever. The accent may be Ok but the personality is terrible.
Reply 11
Original post by peedie pixie
Some scottish accents are ace (like mine) others... not so much. But the same applies everywhere, like we've got our own version of cockney in glaswegians, sort of thing haha.

I absolutely love the Orkney accent, but it's almost not a Scottish accent it's SO different.

Being Scottish, I don't really notice the accent that much but definitely I think Aberdeen/Glasgow accents are atrocious.
Reply 12
I don't really understand how people factor accents into attraction...
Reply 13
Original post by thoyub
I went up to Scotland recently and I found the girls to be some of the most horrible trashy girls ever. The accent may be Ok but the personality is terrible.

I could say the same about most parts of northern England to be honest :smile: *cough*Mancuniangirls*cough*Yorkshiregirls*cough*

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
The Scottish accent is my favourite. :sogood: On boys though.
I find a lot of foreign accents sexy, like spanish or Irish, but my favourite is definitely the Scottish accent. But that usually depends on the location and the tone of voice. If you've got a voice like Dino from Mrs.Brown's Boys, or your voice is deep, then I'm on the floor. :wink:
Original post by Schichtoe
I absolutely love the Orkney accent, but it's almost not a Scottish accent it's SO different.

Being Scottish, I don't really notice the accent that much but definitely I think Aberdeen/Glasgow accents are atrocious.

Haha I know, I work with tourists in one of my jobs and I've been told I sound welsh, irish and even norwegian... but then again the same tourists think an australian working in the same place is local, so they're maybe not the best of judges, ha.
Reply 17
Original post by peedie pixie
Haha I know, I work with tourists in one of my jobs and I've been told I sound welsh, irish and even norwegian... but then again the same tourists think an australian working in the same place is local, so they're maybe not the best of judges, ha.

I also work in a well known tourist destination in Edinburgh... and it's not uncommon for people to want you to say things again or whatever. Yesterday, for example, I had some girls from Georgia who just asked me to pronounce placenames from the map for about a minute before I was like "Ok... that's enough now..."

It was like that sketch from Love Actually (except without the good bit at the end).
Reply 18
Sort of... but I'm a sucker for the Irish accent (on girls anyway). They do sound a little similar to my welsh ears but Irish definitely wins for me.
They are quite kinkyand passionate I think, they're bad tempereed though,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending