Travelling around Australia

Watch
sophlou2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

I am looking to do some travelling next summer (2014) after I graduate and am really interested in going to Australia. Its somewhere I have always wanted to go. I would also like to potentially complete some work experience whilst i'm am out there,

I am just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on where the best place to start looking is.
Is there a particular company thats really good to use?
Where do you advise is the best place to visit?
Do you think the work experience would be possible?

Any response would be appreciated

Thank You
DotDotCurve
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sophlou2)
Hi,

I am looking to do some travelling next summer (2014) after I graduate and am really interested in going to Australia. Its somewhere I have always wanted to go. I would also like to potentially complete some work experience whilst i'm am out there,

I am just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on where the best place to start looking is.
Is there a particular company thats really good to use?
Where do you advise is the best place to visit?
Do you think the work experience would be possible?

Any response would be appreciated

Thank You
First check out if you are eligible for a Working Visa: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/

As for attractions/places to visit try this site out for ideas: http://www.touropia.com/explore/australia/
puneetchadha222
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Last year i also visited the Country Australia. It is wonderful country. I really enjoyed there. There are many beautiful areas where one should visit if he or she is going to plan a trip for Australia. I am telling you some places:
Great Ocean Road
The Red Centre
Broome
Great Barrier Reef
Fraser Island
Purnululu National Park
Barossa ValleyMust Visit these areas.
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I only went there for a few weeks to see the family but check out the east coast, sydney, blue mountains, melbourne the usual stuff... try working your way up from sydney to cairns stopping at kangaroo island, great barrier island etc. etc. its worth it
although as another poster said id make sure you have a WHV visa or a butt load saved up ... Aussie is [b]VERY[/b[ expensive, weak pound vs. high dollar and they have higher prices anyway for instance you will not find anything for less than a dollar i can almost guarentee it accomdation in hostels will easily be atleast $30-40 a night so be prepared but other than the cost its amazing!
Galenjack
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am citizen of Australia.It is beautiful country of Australia’s largest city has a range of activities to do. Climb the Sydney Harbor bridge, surf in Bondi Beach, which has a lot of world class and innovative though a bit pricey restaurants.You should must visited at this places.
Andydc14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm away out there for a year this August on my own, looking for a similar sort of things, work experience etc. Which part of Australia are you flying too? Dyou have a plan just now?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (724)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (919)
42.9%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (406)
18.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed