The Student Room Group

Gitmo: *Shocking* Force Feeding Video!

You must of heard about how Gitmo strikers are being force feed through the nose. Have a look at what happens to a celebrity volunteer. http://youtu.be/yPl62ggDDTc?t=1m59s
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Love mos defs music and respect him as an artist.......but this is very over the top, it seems as if he is acting.

That doesnt make force feeding right though, im very much against it.
Just a thought: if they don't get force fed, they could die pretty horribly. Not really in their own best interest especially when there is already pressure on the White House to close the place down.

Rather than starving themselves, the media should just keep bashing the US until they do something to fix it.
Reply 3
Basically

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
The fact is that he just doesn't come across as an 'honest broker', he seems to overact and make a meal of the whole thing. Plus, he's able to move his head, what's the point of the restraint?

It would have been better to do it with someone like Christopher Hitchens, who submitted to waterboarding having said in the past that he did not believe it to be torture.
Holy smokes - that's horrible!
That's a quality piece of acting.
Reply 7
Original post by MJK91
Just a thought: if they don't get force fed, they could die pretty horribly. Not really in their own best interest especially when there is already pressure on the White House to close the place down.

Rather than starving themselves, the media should just keep bashing the US until they do something to fix it.[/QUO

there are much easier and lot less painful ways of keeping them alive. the point of force feeding is to subject them to extremely painful torture under the pretense of keeping them from dying. they do this horrific procedure to the hunger strikers twice a day and the only way of making the torture stop is to give up the strike.
Reply 8
Original post by jama mj

Rather than starving themselves, the media should just keep bashing the US until they do something to fix it.

there are much easier and lot less painful ways of keeping them alive. the point of force feeding is to subject them to extremely painful torture under the pretense of keeping them from dying. they do this horrific procedure to the hunger strikers twice a day and the only way of making the torture stop is to give up the strike.

Not saying force feeding is right, but the nasogastric intubation they do to him is done pretty often in medical scenarios - it's absolutely nothing like "extremely painful torture" even if it is a little uncomfortable. Guy was faking it like hell
Reply 9
Original post by MJK91
Just a thought: if they don't get force fed, they could die pretty horribly.

That's the point. They are willing to die. They've lost the will to live after being detained and tortured for over a decade and still not being told what they're in for or being charged for anything.

Original post by MJK91
Not really in their own best interest especially when there is already pressure on the White House to close the place down.
They've got nothing to lose. If they die then it will create new problems for the White House and in turn may improve conditions for the inmates still alive.

Original post by MJK91
Why would the media want to do that? And when did the media change any US policy?
Reply 10
Original post by MJK91

If I was in US custody I'd rather die a gruesome death as a martyr than endure their torturous methods; they disgust me, and I as long as Gitmo and it's methods remain intact, I won't regard the US security services as human.
Original post by jama mj
there are much easier and lot less painful ways of keeping them alive.

Like?
Reply 12
never could get to grips with those things.

Reply 13
Original post by Norton1
he seems to overact and make a meal of the whole thing..

Pun intended? :holmes:
Reply 14
Original post by Olenna Tyrell
Like?

they could be fed using a drip used for people in comas or unconscious
Reply 15
Original post by bertstare
Not saying force feeding is right, but the nasogastric intubation they do to him is done pretty often in medical scenarios - it's absolutely nothing like "extremely painful torture" even if it is a little uncomfortable. Guy was faking it like hell

its actually prohibited by the world medical association and i think their judgments take precedence over your analysis of a video on the internet.
Reply 16
Original post by MJK91

these guys are water boarded, tortured and humiliated on a regular basis, did you think this hunger strike was for fun? i'd rather die than endure that kind of punishment and i think those hunger strikers would agree
Reply 17
Imprisoned without trial for 11 years? That is medieval. How are they getting away with this?
Original post by jama mj
they could be fed using a drip used for people in comas or unconscious

It would still be forced though, or else they would just rip it out if they were so adamant on not eating.
Reply 19
Original post by Olenna Tyrell
It would still be forced though, or else they would just rip it out if they were so adamant on not eating.

they are restrained during the force feeding so they have no choice in the matter. but the less painful and humane method would be appropriate. there is a huge difference between the two forms of force feeding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending