Will I get accepted for Business at Liverpool?!

Watch
freyascotty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hello :-)
So i'm doing the a-levels psychology, travel and tourism, and health and social care, wanting to go into Business studies with a year in the industry at Liverpool. I'm hoping to get AAB, or AAC.
Will they accept these a levels?!
I also wanted to know if they're 'flexible', meaning if I got ABC (just incase), would they consider me still? Also is this course really popular and hard to get onto?
For Gcse's I got B's in both english and a C in maths, which i'm going to retake next year, hopefully getting an A

Thanks for anyone who helps :-)
Spionliz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am involved in admissions at the University of Liverpool Management School. I'm assuming this is for 2014 entry. It is always hard to predict a year ahead as government policies keep changing and that has an impact on University offers. To receive a conditional offer on Business Studies at Liverpool it doesn't matter what subjects your A levels are in. Assuming you're aiming for 2014 entry our offer will be AAB/ABB so you would automatically get in if you make ABB (and the Management School will certainly consider AAC to be equivalent to ABB for 2014 entry). However, if you drop a grade, say to ABC, then you wouldn't automatically get a place. We are generally pretty full so the Management School makes favourable offers to those who miss the entry requirement slightly if they have made Liverpool their firm choice. We find that students who genuinely want to come to Liverpool are more motivated. So, if you made Liverpool your insurance choice it's unlikely you would get in with ABC, but if Liverpool was your firm choice, it would be probable that you would get in with ABC(unless things change between now and August 2014). I'm afraid I can't be more specific than that.
freyascotty
Rep:
?
Thank you very much! You actually answered what I wanted to hear
I'm attending an open day, but I'm already loving Liverpool!
Thank you again
freyascotty
Rep:
?
Also, when I'm applying would I get offers if my predicted grades are BBB or bbc? I'm hoping ill get predicted abb or AAC.
Spionliz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You'll certainly get an offer with predicted grades of BBB but we're yet to set the offer grades for 2014 entry so I can't say anything for certain regarding BBC. Best thing you can do is to take care with your personal statement. I don't mean spending weeks on it, but writing it in good English (good use of capitals, good spelling, etc.), show a genuine interest in the subject and some evidence of extra-curricular activity - we like students who balance studies with something else, even if it might not seem directly relevant to your application (e.g. Scouts leader, member of an orchestra). We'll know more re: grades in September.
GemmaSmith
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Spionliz)
I am involved in admissions at the University of Liverpool Management School. I'm assuming this is for 2014 entry. It is always hard to predict a year ahead as government policies keep changing and that has an impact on University offers. To receive a conditional offer on Business Studies at Liverpool it doesn't matter what subjects your A levels are in. Assuming you're aiming for 2014 entry our offer will be AAB/ABB so you would automatically get in if you make ABB (and the Management School will certainly consider AAC to be equivalent to ABB for 2014 entry). However, if you drop a grade, say to ABC, then you wouldn't automatically get a place. We are generally pretty full so the Management School makes favourable offers to those who miss the entry requirement slightly if they have made Liverpool their firm choice. We find that students who genuinely want to come to Liverpool are more motivated. So, if you made Liverpool your insurance choice it's unlikely you would get in with ABC, but if Liverpool was your firm choice, it would be probable that you would get in with ABC(unless things change between now and August 2014). I'm afraid I can't be more specific than that.
Help needed urgently!

I put Liverpool as my insurance choice and by the time i tried to change it i was told it was too late. Now with results around the corner I'm really scared i wont meet the ABB offer, i really wish i'd known it would be more likely to be accepted if it was my first choice! I too am scared i will get ABC or possibly BBB but really want to come to Liverpool. Also, because i liked the university so much, i'd be willing to do many of the business related courses, for example, business economics, international business, and economics. Is there anyway i can be put on a list to be considered for these courses too should i not be accepted onto my chosen course (business with year in industry)

Many thanks if you are able to reply!
Spionliz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We have the same entry requirements for all the business-related courses (except Economics where you need A Level Maths) so it doesn't really make much difference which you apply for. I'm afraid that doesn't help you. If you don't get your ABB it is always worth phoning the Clearing line in case there are still places (and the same goes for your first choice too). Try not to worry though. It's only a few days to go, and you can't do anything more right now.
OliverJR
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That was good to read. I have applied for Marketing this year and I hold an offer of ABB and it is my firm, but I am worried that I might get ABC so I am glad I will still at least be carefully considered.
GemmaSmith
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We have the same entry requirements for all the business-related courses (except Economics where you need A Level Maths) so it doesn't really make much difference which you apply for. I'm afraid that doesn't help you. If you don't get your ABB it is always worth phoning the Clearing line in case there are still places (and the same goes for your first choice too). Try not to worry though. It's only a few days to go, and you can't do anything more right now.
Do you mean it being my insurance choice Won't help me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
GemmaSmith
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are they more likely to accept me with ABC rather than someone who knows little about the university through clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
tintin97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You'll certainly get an offer with predicted grades of BBB but we're yet to set the offer grades for 2014 entry so I can't say anything for certain regarding BBC. Best thing you can do is to take care with your personal statement. I don't mean spending weeks on it, but writing it in good English (good use of capitals, good spelling, etc.), show a genuine interest in the subject and some evidence of extra-curricular activity - we like students who balance studies with something else, even if it might not seem directly relevant to your application (e.g. Scouts leader, member of an orchestra). We'll know more re: grades in September.
HI, I'm thinking of applying to university of liverpool 2015 with the predicted grades of BBB however on the site it said I need ABB do you think i would stand any chance of getting an offer?
Thanks!
ImagineCats
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you know if this is the case for languages by any chance? 4 years later ahaha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads