framboise_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Didn't see a thread like this so thought I'd start it. I sent off English A1 and French B for remarks yesterday, anyone else doing something similar? I'll post when I receive the results as I don't know how long it'll take.
tabishy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I want to send my English A1 (Lit HL) away as I was 6% away from the next grade, but I'm not sure if I should and how the chances of me gaining an extra 6% are. What did you receive?
framboise_
Rep:
?
6% is actually quite a lot in terms of grade boundaries, and you can go down a grade as well if you were close to the lower boundary. Which components did you lose the marks in? Well I think there might have been a mistake with my results (HL too), as I got L5 overall, but my paper 2 came back as 3/25 (grade 1) while all the other components were 7s. It just seems a bit weird, idk. Do you think you will remark?
Kirimin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've sent off HL english and biology for a remark as I was close to the boundaries.

Last year my IBC sent off 10 HL english papers and 9 of them went up at least 1% and the other stayed the same. 4 of these went up a grade and the biggest increases were 8%(!!), 6% and 5%. So there could be a chance of them increasing significantly.

:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
tabishy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For HL ITGS, I'm 3% away from the next grade, 9% from dropping a grade.
For HL Business, I'm 4% away from the next grade, 8% from dropping.
For HL Literature, I'm 6% away from the next grade, 8% from dropping a grade.

ITGS and Business seem to be low-risk to send away considering I'd be incredibly unlucky to actually DROP from here, English is more a middling grade which I'm not sure as to whether I should send it for a remark or not. What do you think?
framboise_
Rep:
?
Hmm I'm not sure about English, personally I wouldn't risk it unless it's essential to your uni offer or something. ITGS and Business sound fine for remarks though.
I just heard about my remark, my 5 went up to a 7! Must have been a really irregular marking error with my P2 since I had to go up by more than 13 marks to get a 7. So happy now! Just waiting to hear about French.

Posted from TSR Mobile
nocensure
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey,

I have a question. If I choose to remark my results would they just add the existing component numbers together and see whether there are any arithmetic mistake?. Or would they remark the actual paper from the beginning as if its the first time (so they would give method marks etc). There's no point if they just add the marks for each paper again.

Oh and I'm talking about a category 1 enquiry upon results here.
fairisle13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nocensure)
Hey,

I have a question. If I choose to remark my results would they just add the existing component numbers together and see whether there are any arithmetic mistake?. Or would they remark the actual paper from the beginning as if its the first time (so they would give method marks etc). There's no point if they just add the marks for each paper again.

Oh and I'm talking about a category 1 enquiry upon results here.
They mark the papers again.
nguyenkhoa94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I applied for remarks on Monday for four subjects, 1 or 2 marks off in them. Hoping for the best
nguyenkhoa94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by framboise_)
Hmm I'm not sure about English, personally I wouldn't risk it unless it's essential to your uni offer or something. ITGS and Business sound fine for remarks though.
I just heard about my remark, my 5 went up to a 7! Must have been a really irregular marking error with my P2 since I had to go up by more than 13 marks to get a 7. So happy now! Just waiting to hear about French.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations, sounds unreal!! Wow Makes me want to send everyting for remark.
framboise_
Rep:
?
(Original post by nguyenkhoa94)
Congratulations, sounds unreal!! Wow Makes me want to send everyting for remark.
Yeah, never heard of a similar situation before! I found out my paper went up by 16 marks, which is crazy. Good luck with your remarks

Posted from TSR Mobile
bellboy345
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In my psychology higher I got a level 7 in paper 1 and 3 however I got a level 5 in paper 2 (which is unusually low for me) and my coursework was also moderated down from 21 to 16. I ended up missing my level 7 by 1 mark. Do you think I should remark and what are the chances do you think of my grade going up?
framboise_
Rep:
?
(Original post by bellboy345)
In my psychology higher I got a level 7 in paper 1 and 3 however I got a level 5 in paper 2 (which is unusually low for me) and my coursework was also moderated down from 21 to 16. I ended up missing my level 7 by 1 mark. Do you think I should remark and what are the chances do you think of my grade going up?
I think you should go for the remark. 2 reasons - a) you're only 1 mark away, making your 7 very achievable and b) psychology is more of a subjective subject - not like maths or science where there are set markschemes. If you're okay with paying, I'd say do it.
Bravo1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey guys, I'm about to send out for remarks in two subjects; can anyone tell me how much individual remarks cost?
Thanks
fairisle13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bravo1234)
Hey guys, I'm about to send out for remarks in two subjects; can anyone tell me how much individual remarks cost?
Thanks
They cost £60(GBP) per subject or 75 euros or the equivalent in other currency. Only includes papers though, not IAs.
nessos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
which subjects are likely to be changed in remarking. Sciences or Social Sciences, TOK and EE ( more subjective ones). Anyone has the statistical data?
framboise_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bravo1234)
Thanks
Yep, what fairisle13 said, but it might cost a bit more or less. At my school it cost £65 per subject. Also, you don't pay anything at all if your grade goes up, as you get the money back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
framboise_
Rep:
?
(Original post by nessos)
which subjects are likely to be changed in remarking. Sciences or Social Sciences, TOK and EE ( more subjective ones). Anyone has the statistical data?
Social sciences, English, languages, etc, EE and ToK might fluctuate by a fair margin. Maths and experimental sciences - less likely (maybe 2-3 marks leeway, maximum). I don't think there is any official statistical data available for remark situations but I might be wrong. If you really want it, you could ask for it from the IBO under a Freedom of Information request.

Posted from TSR Mobile
nessos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by framboise_)
Social sciences, English, languages, etc, EE and ToK might fluctuate by a fair margin. Maths and experimental sciences - less likely (maybe 2-3 marks leeway, maximum). I don't think there is any official statistical data available for remark situations but I might be wrong. If you really want it, you could ask for it from the IBO under a Freedom of Information request.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you very much
spayka
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey guys,

I'm not sure about percentages but my IBC informed me that I am two points off the higher boundary in Chemistry, and three points off the higher boundary in German B HL.

I requested both to get remarked. Do any of you reckon there is a high possibility one goes up? If it does, then i'll make my offer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.61%
I'm not sure (56)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (352)
29.21%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (586)
48.63%

Watched Threads