Reply 2
VLadwa
You Are Fuckin Gay!!!!!!!!!!!!

How might you know?
PS2 is for conformists.....

Why not get the PSX?
byakugan_neji
PS2 is for conformists.....

Or for people who like more than 2 decent games on a console...
Reply 5
Iluvatar

pc is still the best platform imo
TheWolf

Well yeah. You can get emulators and roms for the PS2 on there...
Iluvatar

Yea, only games people admit to own....
Reply 8
TheWolf

hmm. no. consoles are designed for gaming, pcs are not (generally) but anyone know about the new xp theyre bringing out which is built for gaming? sounds interesting
byakugan_neji
Yea, only games people admit to own....

What does that mean?
Iluvatar
What does that mean?

Grand Theft Auto III: Vice City for example. Boring as hell. The main reason why people like it is because 'it so damn cool' and it's an '18-game'. If they were to talk about anything other than the 'cool' PS2 in the playground, their friends would leave them. They seem to forget what makes a good game, such as originality and story.
Reply 11
'
{ingnik']hmm. no. consoles are designed for gaming, pcs are not (generally) but anyone know about the new xp theyre bringing out which is built for gaming? sounds interesting

i have got a very impressive computer here infront of me at the moment,, and i have also got a ps2, and i prefer my pc :smile:
Reply 12
byakugan_neji
Grand Theft Auto III: Vice City for example. Boring as hell. The main reason why people like it is because 'it so damn cool' and it's an '18-game'. If they were to talk about anything other than the 'cool' PS2 in the playground, their friends would leave them. They seem to forget what makes a good game, such as originality and story.

Have you played Vice City??
Do you know how it feels to play it!!!!
byakugan_neji

I am not a fan of GTA3, or vice city either.
I liked the first two, although they were not great.
But i'm not talking about people who don't have a clue what gamings about.
The real quality of the games on the PS2 far outweighs all other consoles.
SHANDY
Have you played Vice City??
Do you know how it feels to play it!!!!

Yes, I have.

-ve rep for you.

Iluvatar

The real quality of the games on the PS2 far outweighs all other consoles.

Far outweighs? Well, I guess you'd say that since you're a PS2 owner. At least there's someone out there who appreciates good games and doesn't conform to the majority's view on a 'good and cool' game.

IMO, the best console, based on the quality of it's games, would be the SNES. Ah.....lovely moments. Chronotrigger, Secret of Mana, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Terranigma, Illusion of Time, Final Fantasy V, Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero etc......

That's it! Once I finish my exams, I'm gonna start on all them games because they were just so good, even better than most of the games on the 3 major consoles today.
Reply 15
TheWolf
i have got a very impressive computer here infront of me at the moment,, and i have also got a ps2, and i prefer my pc :smile:

i guess thats because i play rpg games the most
byakugan_neji

Far outweighs? Well, I guess you'd say that since you're a PS2 owner. At least there's someone out there who appreciates good games and doesn't conform to the majority's view on a 'good and cool' game.

IMO, the best console, based on the quality of it's games, would be the SNES. Ah.....lovely moments. Chronotrigger, Secret of Mana, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Terranigma, Illusion of Time, Final Fantasy V, Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero etc......

That's it! Once I finish my exams, I'm gonna start on all them games because they were just so good, even better than most of the games on the 3 major consoles today.

No. My console was a concidered purchase, after weighing up the benefits and flaws in each of the major contenders.

Yes, those games are quality titles, but they are outdated now, obviously.
I admit, i still enjoy playing old final fantasies, chronotrigger and seiken densetsu, but nowadays, games are simply better.
Anyways, back to the original post. If you have the money, get the PSX. Incase you dunno what I'm talking about: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/200310/03-1007E/ It probably will never come out here though. Further proof that we live in the wrong country.
For instant compatibility, consoles are the best thing, as the games you buy are designed to work using the console specs, but PC games have variable specs, so if you want newer games, you have to upgrade.
Reply 19
byakugan_neji
Yes, I have.

-ve rep for you.

harsh, very harsh, vice city is an excellent game. there are huge numbers of great games for consoles, a pc conversion is usually an afterthought. in fact the only half recent decent game i can think to have come out on the pc first would be messiah.

Latest

Trending

Trending