The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Chemists 2013-2014

Hey :smile: I'm Jake and I thought I'd start a thread for Bangor Chemistry Students starting in September 2013. I'll be one of your Peer Guides next year, and due to illness last year and the amount of time I had off (I only went to six lectures in Semester 1... oops!) the Uni has recommended I do a resit year despite passing all the necessary modules... so yeah, you're stuck with me in lectures too!

If anybody wants any course information don't be afraid to ask, but yeah- introduce yourselves! It really helps knowing people beforehand!!
Reply 1
Hey I'm a second year Chemist too, Hi Jake, I'm going into second year, ( I did go to my lectures hehe ). Also I'm a peer guide so you can ask me as well if you want too :smile:

A
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Heyyyy! I had health difficulties xD It's so annoying because I passed the year results-wise, it's just lab attendance -.- Even though my absences were exempt because of a doctor's note they're keeping me back anyway "just in case I missed anything"
Reply 3
Original post by Jake200493
"just in case I missed anything"

Well you can just enjoy getting drunk again, So do you we have any other Bangor Chemists on here ???

:biggrin:
Reply 4
Hahaha xD This is true :P And none that I've found :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Starting (hopefully) my first year in Chemistry in September, any advice for a chem student-to-be? The only thing I've picked up so far is all the calories I'm going to burn walking up and down the stairs in the chemistry tower :P
Reply 6
Original post by ThomJC
Starting (hopefully) my first year in Chemistry in September, any advice for a chem student-to-be? The only thing I've picked up so far is all the calories I'm going to burn walking up and down the stairs in the chemistry tower :P

Oh gosh, the stairs :P It's okay, there's an unspoken rule of if its more than 4 floors, take the lift :P But not the Magic Lift because that could take you anywhere haha xD And Bitch Hill is more calorie burning than the stairs :P You don't truly understand how evil it is until you experience it lol

Ermmmm... don't do what I did and not go to any lectures because you're ill because otherwise you'll end up resitting the year despite having technically passed figures-wise xD

Apart from that, my only advice is to enjoy first year as it doesn't actually count to your degree so if you're gonna doss about, first year is the time to do it :P
Reply 7
Bump thread :P Chemists!!
Reply 8
Helloooooo, I got a place on clearing to study Chemistry at Bangor! Got really lucky as results didn't go my way! I'm Ted by the way, so yeah should be good come september :biggrin:
Reply 9
Sorry to here that Jake, I'm Jordan. I'll be studying chem here next month :biggrin:. Yeah, i was starting to worry, hadn't seen any chemists on here :P
Reply 10
Hey guys :smile: If you need to know anything about the course, University or local area don't be afraid to message me here or on Facebook (Jake Wanstall-Riley)

Also I'd recommend joining the group for Chemistry Freshers 2013/2014: https://www.facebook.com/groups/152324348273980/

See you guys in September :smile:
Reply 11
I'm starting Chemistry in September too, I'm Angharad and I'm glad to have finally found some more Chemists on here :smile:
Reply 12
Ah, more chemists! Starting to think my lectures were going to be terribly lonely, looking forward to meeting everyone :smile:
Reply 13
What halls are you guys in :smile:?
Reply 14
I'm starting Chemistry in September :biggrin: I'm in Cefn y Coed halls :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by cole75
I'm starting Chemistry in September :biggrin: I'm in Cefn y Coed halls :smile:

Hey Cole :smile: Check out the Facebook group to meet other chemists :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/152324348273980/
Reply 16
Come on guys? Any more Chemists? As I said join the Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/152324348273980/. For some reason it isn't showing some requests to join but if you think that's the case add me (https://www.facebook.com/jake.wanstallriley) and I'll add you into the group :smile: I'll be on your course all year anyway so might as well get to know me haha

Quick Reply

Latest