Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that the majority of people are so indifferent? In this time of austerity you would think the Uk will have it's own spring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because there is very little ordinary people can do to challenge the corrupt, inept and rotten political system we are slowly floundering under.

ReputationRep:
    Cause it's boring as ****

ReputationRep:
    To truly understand politics takes quite a lot of reading. Many do not care for the intricacies of the political world or have the time throughout their busy lives. A lot of people take an interest and many conversations usually consist of something of political value. In one way or another the majority of people have all done something to read about politics whether it be one isolated incident or daily reading.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few people will have little interest until it affects them personally, for e.g. the cuts. Even if you're not interested in politics, it's shocking the amount of people who can't even name the PM!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liblabcon123)
    Quite a few people will have little interest until it affects them personally, for e.g. the cuts. Even if you're not interested in politics, it's shocking the amount of people who can't even name the PM!
    Somebody at work thought that David Cameron was a singer on X factor...

ReputationRep:
    1)Boring,
    2)repetitive
    3) unless you went to Oxbridge there is basically no chance of becoming a Cabinet member and thus a policy maker who can make a difference
    4)Dislike of the PM
    5) Nick Clegg is a liar and Ed Milliband is...well Ed Milliband -.-
    6) people are preoccupied with more pressing things in their own life
    7)it's 'cool' to not care about politics

To name a few

ReputationRep:
    Most working class don't care about anything intellectual, whether it's history, politics, economics. From working in a blue collar part-time job, the pinacle of their conversations and discussions are "He said this and then she said this, and the he went and told his friend" etc..

ReputationRep:
    Because you have a choice between blue labour and red tory.

ReputationRep:
    Because people think in terms of good vs evil and politics doesn't follow that narrative.

ReputationRep:
    Probably because they're disenchanted with the current political system and have a perception (that's not really far off the mark) that all the 3 parties are essentially the same.

That's why I think few people care about politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Most working class don't care about anything intellectual, whether it's history, politics, economics. From working in a white collar part-time job, the pinacle of their conversations and discussions are "He said this and then she said this, and the he went and told his friend" etc..
    I disagree. From my experiences a drunk blue collar conversation will always inevitable drift into politics, albeit probably limited to immigration, the death penalty and the EU.

ReputationRep:
    because they are lazy.

ReputationRep:
    I guess because there's rarely consensus. If you get into a political conversation you have to be prepared to defend your corner. There are more light-hearted topics to discuss over breakfast. It also makes people question what they take for granted and it makes them uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    Most people I know only care for three things: beer, money and sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Most working class don't care about anything intellectual, whether it's history, politics, economics. From working in a blue collar part-time job, the pinacle of their conversations and discussions are "He said this and then she said this, and the he went and told his friend" etc..
    tory-voting snob.

I'd like to care more about it, but I find it quite boring. Also, as mentioned there's the fact that the political class are pretty much corrupt across the board, so I deal with this in my mind by sweeping the rotten ****s and their rotten **** behavior to the side.

ReputationRep:
    as my mum says, there is not really much difference in the three big parties nowadays

ReputationRep:
    It comes across as a boring matter to many people which is understandable.

Additionally, it is a complex subject which many struggle to get to grasps with and understand various political ideas.

Simple as that really

ReputationRep:
    People do care about Politics (Although in my experience they may not realise it).

What they do not care for is Politicians and the system they work in.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.