The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

LEaP course -study text books?

Hi all
i have been accepted on the LEaP course 60 credits at Wolverhampton uni in September.

Anyone know of any useful books I can purchase, that I can perhaps read over the summer?

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi,

Don't buy any books because the library at the Uni has got all the books you need. The only thing I would revise on is drugs calculations and timetables as this is part of the Maths you do on the course. Good Luck it's a really good course.
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for this. Have u recently completed this then?

Any book you can buy on drug calculations!?
Original post by lc79
Hi,

Don't buy any books because the library at the Uni has got all the books you need. The only thing I would revise on is drugs calculations and timetables as this is part of the Maths you do on the course. Good Luck it's a really good course.
Reply 3
I did the course 2011-2012, I enjoyed it but it is hard work :-)
Any basic drug calculation books will help, you can download stuff of the net as well if you didn't want to buy one. Hope this helps.
Reply 4
Original post by Gemgem11
Hi all
i have been accepted on the LEaP course 60 credits at Wolverhampton uni in September.

Anyone know of any useful books I can purchase, that I can perhaps read over the summer?

Thanks

Hi I've been accepted on to the full time one in January, I was wondering the same regarding books.
Have you heard anything from the uni?
HI, i have just completed the LEaP 60 credit course and have a place on the Adult Nursing for September. The course was really good and thew tutors were brilliant. We were given a reading list, which was available on WOLF, you will access this when you enrol. The 60 credit course was an essay in the 1st semester, and an essay, portfolio and developing a presentation in semester 2. No exams. We had guidance on Academic Writing and interview preparation and overall it was a really good course and i am now feeling ready for September. I cant comment on the Full time Leap but I have friends that are on it now and are enjoying it, good luck and hope it all goes well
Hi I've just completed LEAP 120 course and bookswise there's not a lot for you to be reading before starting the course and I wouldn't actually spend money on them as the uni library has loads. I would advise going to the library your first day as everybody will want to get their hands on books. When you are registered to the modules before starting the course your recommended reading books will be on there so you'll know what you are looking for x
Reply 7
Original post by La_senorita
Hi I've just completed LEAP 120 course and bookswise there's not a lot for you to be reading before starting the course and I wouldn't actually spend money on them as the uni library has loads. I would advise going to the library your first day as everybody will want to get their hands on books. When you are registered to the modules before starting the course your recommended reading books will be on there so you'll know what you are looking for x

Thats great to hear! I start in January, how did you find it?
Reply 8
Hi I start September too 😊, anyone have any idea of when enrollment opens xx
Original post by JodiiB
Thats great to hear! I start in January, how did you find it?

Hi, I'm sorry for late reply but hadn't realised. I really enjoyed the course but you do need to use your time wisely if working as well. First semester is a bit of a shock but second I found quite easy in the fact I knew what they wanted from me so it was much more chilled out. Oh and make sure you revise for the test, I did for about a week doing each system in the body and did well but I know others who didn't and either have to retake or got like 50% (I got 91%) xx

Quick Reply

Latest