The Student Room Group

Rant about guys chasing the girls...

I'm a fairly attractive dude in his early 20's (sorry to sound stuck up) and I think of myself as quite a decent and kind person.

But at the moment I am single and whenever I am single I notice how messed up the laws of attracting a partner are from a male perspective. I absolutely refuse to chase every single girl that I am into if I can tell they are into me. I simply can't understand why I am expected to do all the work just for being a male ?

I'm not an idiot and i understand how traditions work - but completely disagree with them and think ALOT of women need to get off their lazy behinds and do some work if they like someone.

I was recently contacting someone who went on holiday about 2 week ago - and I know that she's quite interested in me, more so than me probably. She's been back for about a week now and hasn't contacted me and I know she's waiting for me to do it because she's paranoid about seeming overly keen. Grow up ? It's so petty and childish especially since I made the effort before she went away.

Another example, I was out last night. I started speaking to this girl the usual complimentary stuff followed and she seemed really happy about it and into the convo. She struck me as the quieter one in her group and I quite like that. Anyway, I eventually asked her in a not as cringe as it sounds kind of way, if i could give her a kiss. And BOOM. In a split second she turned into this absolute monster and asked me to leave her alone like I was some sort of serial rapist. You're in a ****ing club my lovely what did you think I was trying to do - help you reclaim PPI ?

For starters, I was out of her league, so she was lucky I even found her attractive. Add to that the fact that i was the one making the effort and it seems totally unfair that I get so harshly rejected.

I dont really have a question, more just a rant. Would be intrigued to hear other peoples examples.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well there are worse things you could be worried about. At the end of the day it's their life, they do what they want.
Reply 2
When I'm single, if I like someone, I just tell them; works for me.
Reply 3
Original post by htc one s
Well there are worse things you could be worried about. At the end of the day it's their life, they do what they want.

I'm worried about a lot of lifes issues buddy.

At the end of the day, when did I say it wasn't their lives or that it meant I had to just accept or be happy about it ?

Next time dont waste calories typing out such a useless response.
Reply 4
Original post by nicatre
When I'm single, if I like someone, I just tell them; works for me.

Yeeeah mate, that's probably not true.

You're telling me as a dude that you haven't experienced anything of the sort of what i've listed above ?
Reply 5
To be perfectly honest, you don't sound so "decent and kind" to me:

ALOT of women need to get off their lazy behinds and do some work if they like someone (this and the fact you felt the need to write a "rant" comes across as bitter)

I know she's waiting for me to do it because she's paranoid about seeming overly keen (if she's at fault for not contacting you why could the same not be said of you for not contacting her?)

I was out of her league, so she was lucky I even found her attractive (you sound up yourself)

Next time dont waste calories typing out such a useless response (we all get irrelevant advice on TSR, unless someone's being rude there's no need to be rude back)

I expect I'm going to get a rude response back, but quite frankly I don't care. I tend to chase guys quite a bit and I know other girls who do as well, but we never go for arrogant guys which is what you are coming off as here.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Yeeeah mate, that's probably not true.

You're telling me as a dude that you haven't experienced anything of the sort of what i've listed above ?

Experience of? Yes. Continue to persist with it? No.

My relationship history has all been founded on direct honesty.
I think it takes effort on both parts and I think that girl in the club you spoke about was a bit of a **** haha. I made the first move when I met my boyfriend, some girls might just not feel comfortable with doing it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'm worried about a lot of lifes issues buddy.

At the end of the day, when did I say it wasn't their lives or that it meant I had to just accept or be happy about it ?

Next time dont waste calories typing out such a useless response.

How can a response to a rant warrant being useful.

Good looking/attractive women get plenty of attention and may be used to guys doing things and taking initiative, they don't need to go after someone they just find good looking or whatever because they know they an get other guys without that. If they really liked you enough they would go after you.

I also got turned down once because I said 'do you want to make out' to her, she said no, and after a few minutes she asked me to go back to her place with her.
Reply 9
I'm a fairly attractive dude in his early 20's (sorry to sound stuck up) and I think of myself as quite a decent and kind person.

But at the moment I am single and whenever I am single I notice how messed up the laws of attracting a partner are from a male perspective. I absolutely refuse to chase every single girl that I am into if I can tell they are into me. I simply can't understand why I am expected to do all the work just for being a male ?

I'm not an idiot and i understand how traditions work - but completely disagree with them and think ALOT of women need to get off their lazy behinds and do some work if they like someone.

I was recently contacting someone who went on holiday about 2 week ago - and I know that she's quite interested in me, more so than me probably. She's been back for about a week now and hasn't contacted me and I know she's waiting for me to do it because she's paranoid about seeming overly keen. Grow up ? It's so petty and childish especially since I made the effort before she went away.

Another example, I was out last night. I started speaking to this girl the usual complimentary stuff followed and she seemed really happy about it and into the convo. She struck me as the quieter one in her group and I quite like that. Anyway, I eventually asked her in a not as cringe as it sounds kind of way, if i could give her a kiss. And BOOM. In a split second she turned into this absolute monster and asked me to leave her alone like I was some sort of serial rapist. You're in a ****ing club my lovely what did you think I was trying to do - help you reclaim PPI ?

For starters, I was out of her league, so she was lucky I even found her attractive. Add to that the fact that i was the one making the effort and it seems totally unfair that I get so harshly rejected.

I dont really have a question, more just a rant. Would be intrigued to hear other peoples examples.

You are obviously an arrogant douchebag, no wonder girls don't chase you as you are judgemental and will come across as the type to judge them for being to keen, or who will mess them around if they make all the moves.

I think you will find most people go for a give and take situation, they put a bit of effort in, then wait for you to do the same. That is because they don't want to waste their time with someone who is not interested. Given your refusal to contact the girl, you are implying you aren't interested enough to get in touch, so she won't want to contact you. You say other people are immature yet you are doing the exact thing you are having a go at them for.

Also there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being put off by someone asking for a kiss, I'm not about to tongue some stranger in a club, if they are actually interested they can have my number and we can get to know each other.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Ezekiella

ALOT of women need to get off their lazy behinds and do some work if they like someone (this and the fact you felt the need to write a "rant" comes across as bitter)

I know she's waiting for me to do it because she's paranoid about seeming overly keen (if she's at fault for not contacting you why could the same not be said of you for not contacting her?)

I was out of her league, so she was lucky I even found her attractive (you sound up yourself)

Next time dont waste calories typing out such a useless response (we all get irrelevant advice on TSR, unless someone's being rude there's no need to be rude back)

The first point. I said "alot" of women to avoid generalisations. I certainly did not say it was all women so I don't care much for if you or your friends make an effort, I wasn't seeking confirmation that the entire female gender are different. And yeah it's bitter ? It's a rant - why would it be chirpy ?

The second point. I very clearly said that I made the effort before she went on holiday. So please tell me why I shouldn't expect that back now ? That's why i'm not contacting her anymore.

The third point. What's wrong with a bit of self-confidence. If i was talking about thermodynamics and said I thought i was attractive in the thread then fair enough. In this context it's not so irrelevant.

The fourth point. I'm happy to tell someone if there post was irrelevant. I've dealt with that person before on other threads and to be honest i'm not a fan. No need for you to start being pedantic.
Reply 11
A large amount of women (fortunately, not most) genuinely have no respect for the opposite sex, all hidden under their hypocritical smiles and makeup. They don't need to if they are attractive by conventional standards, it works, far too many men are stupid and think with their penises, so are willing to take abuse in exchange for sex or even the false promise of sex. This comes out in their preference for mate selection - a man doing all the hard work chasing her (while she does nothing) proves he'll make a good slave, sacrificing and immolating himself to her by doing all the hard work while she does nothing. This typically sets the pattern for any lasting relationship which ensues. It's often considered the woman's natural right to take from a weak and stupid man and mercilessly exploit him under a hypocritical mask of "love" - that is how the species is perpetuated. This is not a cynical view, but stating a verifiable fact of human nature. Of course, any man who points this out is scum and a pig, as it doesn't flatter many women's insecure egos, nor align with their political agendas to look good, nor their ulterior motives in which many such head games depend heavily on two-faced deception and hypocrisy - with the man stupidly trusting her.

The trick for a man is to turn the tables on a woman who feels genuinely entitled to prey on and exploit him without concern for his well-being, when a clear-headed and sober view of the situation at hand reveals that this genuinely is the case - maybe playing dumb for a bit and letting her think her game is working, before turning the tables and mercilessly letting both her and her social group know exactly how she behaved under the circumstances, what you think of her and the reasons for it. When this is executed well and with genuine skill and finesse (with the support of like-minded individuals), it will not go well for her, either in terms of her emotional hurt, nor in terms of her reputation. She'll find the "decent" men don't want to know her and she will have to either move away to a new area (leaving her friends behind) or settle for someone stupid and/or abusive long-term. Or be a nun.

Some lessons are only learned the hard way. Of course, she'll hate you for it. Consider it a badge of honour. Her peers will quite likely learn the lesson by proxy, too. I can't think of a more genuinely humanitarian act than "heads up all round" concerning a person like that. After a person has been on the sharp end of such games, anything less is enabling and cowardly complicity, in my book.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
"The first point. I said "alot" of women to avoid generalisations. I certainly did not say it was all women so I don't care much for if you or your friends make an effort, I wasn't seeking confirmation that the entire female gender are different. And yeah it's bitter ? It's a rant - why would it be chirpy ? Why write a rant in the first place? Some girls are going to play around with you (which isn't exactly the same as not chasing you) but complaining about it like this is just going to make you feel worse. If you take responsibility for whatever you do regarding girls (which doesn't make you feel a pushover) you'll have more control over your relationships. Otherwise, you come across as bitter, entitled, and blaming girls for the problems in your love life instead of seeing what you can do to fix it yourself.

The second point. I very clearly said that I made the effort before she went on holiday. So please tell me why I shouldn't expect that back now ? That's why i'm not contacting her anymore.You said that she seemed more interested in it than you were. Is the situation just that she's gotten back and not contacted you first? I fail to see how it makes her "petty and childish" seeing as you haven't contacted her first either. And, even if you had made all the contact and she's really interested in you, why are you taking it so personally and insulting her if she still doesn't want to contact you?

The third point. What's wrong with a bit of self-confidence. If i was talking about thermodynamics and said I thought i was attractive in the thread then fair enough. In this context it's not so irrelevant.There's a fine line between being confident and being arrogant. Asking someone to leave you alone is hardly a crime, you seem to have majorly overreacted TBH as is evident by your post - "you're in a ****ing club my lovely" - it's perfectly within someone's rights to tell you to leave them alone regardless of how "out of your league" you think they are. And describing someone as being "lucky you found them attractive" quite frankly does come across as being very arrogant, regardless of context.

The fourth point. I'm happy to tell someone if there post was irrelevant. I've dealt with that person before on other threads and to be honest i'm not a fan. No need for you to start being pedantic.No need to be rude to them either, unless they've been rude before"
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by redferry
You are obviously an arrogant douchebag, no wonder girls don't chase you as you are judgemental and will come across as the type to judge them for being to keen, or who will mess them around if they make all the moves.

I think you will find most people go for a give and take situation, they put a bit of effort in, then wait for you to do the same. That is because they don't want to waste their time with someone who is not interested. Given your refusal to contact the girl, you are implying you aren't interested enough to get in touch, so she won't want to contact you. You say other people are immature yet you are doing the exact thing you are having a go at them for.

Also there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being put off by someone asking for a kiss, I'm not about to tongue some stranger in a club, if they are actually interested they can have my number and we can get to know each other.

Lol, you're either 16 or just severely narrow-minded.

You think it's mature to call me a douchebag and judge my entire personality based on a single thread ? You think i'm the kind of person to judge a girl for being too keen, yet i'm moaning about them not making an effort at the same time ? See how counter-intuitive that is ?

See the bit in bold....There is nothing wrong with me not making contact with this girl given that before she went away I made all of the contact. So what you're saying is I have to make contact to get contact right ? Clearly you're wrong because it hasn't worked - hence the bloody rant!

What on earth is the matter with you ? There is nothing wrong at all with a girl refusing a kiss in a club - please point out to me where I said that was the issue ? The issue comes from her turning into a monster yelling names at me and telling me go away like i'm some sort of serial rapist. That's incredibly disrespectful. All she had to do was say "Nah i'm not interested sorry" and that would have been fine.

I bet you're just like her in which case you're the douchebag.
Reply 14
There's nothing more stupid and annoying than people who are interested in a person, but ignore them because they don't want to seem "overly keen or clingy".
Reply 15
Original post by redferry

Couldn't agree with you more.

I see all the butthurt self-professed "nice guys" have already started to flock to this thread.
Reply 16
Original post by arkhamz
There's nothing more stupid and annoying than people who are interested in a person, but ignore them because they don't want to seem "overly keen or clingy".

Why did this get negged?

Their not stating that if you're shy you're ****ed. They're saying that actively ignoring the person for that reason is dumb.
Reply 17
Original post by Ezekiella
"The first point. I said "alot" of women to avoid generalisations. I certainly did not say it was all women so I don't care much for if you or your friends make an effort, I wasn't seeking confirmation that the entire female gender are different. And yeah it's bitter ? It's a rant - why would it be chirpy ? Why write a rant in the first place? Some girls are going to play around with you (which isn't exactly the same as not chasing you) but complaining about it like this is just going to make you feel worse. If you take responsibility for whatever you do regarding girls (which doesn't make you feel a pushover) you'll have more control over your relationships. Otherwise, you come across as bitter, entitled, and blaming girls for the problems in your love life instead of seeing what you can do to fix it yourself.

The second point. I very clearly said that I made the effort before she went on holiday. So please tell me why I shouldn't expect that back now ? That's why i'm not contacting her anymore.You said that she seemed more interested in it than you were. Is the situation just that she's gotten back and not contacted you first? I fail to see how it makes her "petty and childish" seeing as you haven't contacted her first either.

The third point. What's wrong with a bit of self-confidence. If i was talking about thermodynamics and said I thought i was attractive in the thread then fair enough. In this context it's not so irrelevant.There's a fine line between being confident and being arrogant. Asking someone to leave you alone is hardly a crime, you seem to have majorly overreacted TBH as is evident by your post - "you're in a ****ing club my lovely" - it's perfectly within someone's rights to tell you to leave them alone regardless of how "out of your league" you think they are. And describing someone as being "lucky you found them attractive" quite frankly does come across as being very arrogant, regardless of context.

The fourth point. I'm happy to tell someone if there post was irrelevant. I've dealt with that person before on other threads and to be honest i'm not a fan. No need for you to start being pedantic.No need to be rude to them either, unless they've been rude before"

Went out last night, woke up early this morning hungover and moody and wrote a rant - what's it to you ? I've seen countless rants on this forum and I don't think I've ever had a go at somebody for typing one out. Sometimes it's nice to vent. If they offend you that much then don't click on them or get involved ?

The girl is perfectly within her rights to be left alone. I can completely understand the quotes you put in and yes they do come across as arrogant and if I could edit them out now I probably would. Regardless - the girl was incredibly rude and to be honest arrogance is known to kick in following rejection and even more so - rude rejection. If someone asked me for a kiss, and I was not interested I would say "sorry i'm not interested". This person seemed lovely and like I said turned into a monster - and started talking to me like I was some sort of convict-pervert, swearing and telling me to go away a complete over reaction. Hence why it now feels good for me to say things like I believe I was out of her league - is that too hard to decipher ? I can pretty much guarantee you've had times in your life where you've been rejected maybe from a job or similar, and you've said to yourself "I was too good for them anyway". What I said was harmless, it's on an internet forum anonymously, I didn't say anything rude to her even though she would have deserved it.

I don't see the point in debating the holiday girl point. If i went on holiday I would text somebody when I was back to let them know if I was back. That's just common logic and common courtesy. She seemed more keen than me before going away, but I was still keen, and still I made a bigger effort.

Give up on the fourth point, I said i'd dealt with them before.
Reply 18
Original post by nicatre
Why did this get negged?

Their not stating that if you're shy you're ****ed. They're saying that actively ignoring the person for that reason is dumb.

Idiots... I'd put it down to idiots or a person who can't admit that what they do is rather silly.
Reply 19
Original post by laurenemmarose
I think it takes effort on both parts and I think that girl in the club you spoke about was a bit of a **** haha. I made the first move when I met my boyfriend, some girls might just not feel comfortable with doing it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for being the only person so far who seems to have worked out why I've ranted about this.

It's simple. If I make an effort to speak to somebody, I don't then expect them to be rude to me if they're not interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending