The Student Room Group

My housemate is making my life a misery

I'll start by saying that we're all staying at our shared house over the summer as we have jobs here. One of my housemates is a nightmare. She doesn't wash up or clean, and when I shouted at her for washing her clothes at 60 degrees, she just told me I was being anal, and she ALWAYS leaves the flashing light on the washing machine, so it's using up energy. She never takes the bins out, and when I told her to clean all her Golden Puffs off the living room floor after she'd been having a food fight with another housemate, she said 'oh it could with looking more like a student house'.

She always goes to a grungey nightclub as well once a week, and always ends up bringing randomers back who make a noise in our house and wake me up. One of them left his coat last week which he still hasn't collected, and it absolutely stinks like a homeless person.

She's basically inseparable with another of our housemates (another complete weirdo, but this isn't about her) and whenever they go to Tesco they never ask me along or anything, and so it makes me feel like I'm being pushed out. When we went to an event at uni last week as well, they started holding hands on the way, and didn't even ask me to hold their hands, and so I shouted at them going like 'No that's not on' etc, and so we all held hands for the rest of the way.

Whenever I wander into her room while she's out to see what a ****-tip it is, you can never even see the floor for clothes strewn everywhere. When I had a nosey in her drawers as well, and saw in her underwear drawer, there were all dirty, unwashed knickers as well, and a toy which for decency's sake I won't say what it's used for (or even begin to think what it smells like as she doesn't wash).

I've signed up a year's tenancy starting on 1 July this year and I don't know how I'm going to get through it :frown:

Scroll to see replies

You sound like a bit of a disaster zone too mate.
Reply 2
Can't tell if for reals or trollin'
You look through your housemate's underwear drawer while she's out and you say that she's the one who's a nightmare? :eek:
Reply 4
Yelling at someone for what temperature they wash their clothes at IS anal and not really anything to do with you?

Insisting people hold your hand and yelling at them because of it is weird...

Going through someone's underwear drawer is intrusive and weird.

Perhaps chill out around her and stop being so bossy and intrusive to her and perhaps she'll be more willing to listen to you when it comes to cleaning things up and being quiet when you're asleep.
Reply 5
If this is real you’re the one in the wrong.
Reply 6
Stopped taking you seriously when it got to the hand holding. Grow up, wind your neck in/have a word with yourself.

Going through an underwear drawer ffs..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by lizlaz350
Yelling at someone for what temperature they wash their clothes at IS anal and not really anything to do with you?

Insisting people hold your hand and yelling at them because of it is weird...

Going through someone's underwear drawer is intrusive and weird.

Perhaps chill out around her and stop being so bossy and intrusive to her and perhaps she'll be more willing to listen to you when it comes to cleaning things up and being quiet when you're asleep.

I felt like they were excluding me though.
Reply 8
Just kick her ass :smile: If not i will for you :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by crossedia
When we went to an event at uni last week as well, they started holding hands on the way, and didn't even ask me to hold their hands, and so I shouted at them going like 'No that's not on' etc, and so we all held hands for the rest of the way.

Wtf you freak
I fear you may live under a bridge rather than in a student house, but that was still quite a good read. I liked the hand holding part, and the specific mention of Golden Puffs. They're the Asda version of the noble Sugar Puff, are they not? Questionable ammunition for any food fight.

My advice would be to arm yourself with a decent battle cereal (Nesquik is ideal, but if you want to mix it up, Crunchy Nut is good for hacking and slashing), wash your clothes at 90, and go to Waitrose instead of Tesco, to make them jealous of your middle class opulence. She'll be begging to come along within a week and will want to hold both your hands at once.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
You sneaked into her room and went through her underwear drawer!? :eek:

Poor girl, I'm glad you're not my housemate.
Reply 12
You're moaning about them holding hands? God, what are you- her mother?
WTF
I think you need to calm down a bit OP.

Find some other friends to hang out with.
Reply 15
She's annoyed me again today! She never puts her washing up away. I've put it all on her bed because I refuse to let her leave it endlessly on the drip-dryer. I don't know how to tell her this isn't acceptable though as she just doesn't listen.
Reply 16
Original post by crossedia
She's annoyed me again today! She never puts her washing up away. I've put it all on her bed because I refuse to let her leave it endlessly on the drip-dryer. I don't know how to tell her this isn't acceptable though as she just doesn't listen.

Have you stopped going through her underwear draw yet?
Reply 17
You went through her underwear drawer? Complained about holding hand?

I feel sorry for her..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
:facepalm2:

How dare she! Get her to tidy up or threaten to hold her hand and don't let go. Ever.
:hubba:
Reply 19
I bet I'd get on far better with her than I would with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending