getting their grades for uni

Watch
This discussion is closed.
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
nows the time when one is just finishin their mock exams n starting to revise properly...anyone a lil bit concerned they wont get the grades for their first choice uni!! i am!!!!!!!!!!
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by babyboo)
nows the time when one is just finishin their mock exams n starting to revise properly...anyone a lil bit concerned they wont get the grades for their first choice uni!! i am!!!!!!!!!!
as you know it's AAAB for bath so i an an ickle bit nervous. psychology and geography should be okay, its just philosophy thats scaring me. in 6 weeks i have to write a 4000 word synoptic paper, so far i've done 1000 words! eek!

thank **** for the easter holidays
gunner123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I for one need 4 B's to get into my first choice and i'm stressing like hell!
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by VoodooDoll)
as you know it's AAAB for bath so i an an ickle bit nervous. psychology and geography should be okay, its just philosophy thats scaring me. in 6 weeks i have to write a 4000 word synoptic paper, so far i've done 1000 words! eek!

Philosophy synoptic essay is supposed to be a supervised four hour exam!!!!! :confused:
Recusant
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Having just handed in the chemistry coursework that makes up 20% of my A level, I'm seriously concerned about making sure I get at least a B.
Let's just say that my work was a little on the skinny side :P
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Philosophy synoptic essay is supposed to be a supervised four hour exam!!!!! :confused:
at my college we get the title a year earlier and are told to write the synoptic up as the year goes along. we do write it up properly in 4hrs in exam conditions but we are allowed to take a 1000 plan in with us and it's strongly recommended that people write up the synoptic beforehand as you need to do lots of research etc. does you're school/college do it differently?
babyboo
Rep:
?

well i got one thing to say to u missy.....SHOULD GONE TO ST ANDREWS!! hahaha only spankin!! 4000 words eh?! im like major jealous! wish i was that lucky! x
Tigs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah- I've already done the synoptic paper. Chose to do the one on marx and ideology.
gumbald
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I need AAB, don't know if I'll get it Does anyone know how lenient York are for Computer Science, should I have a bad exam day (or two)?
babyboo
Rep:
?
(Original post by jaron)
I need AAB, don't know if I'll get it Does anyone know how lenient York are for Computer Science, should I have a bad exam day (or two)?
PMA...positive mental attitude lol x
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't worry guys! You can do it Hehe.. If I don't get my ABC, I don't even have an insurance... so eeps!

But yeh.. there's still plenty of time to pull up socks and get the ball rolling.

Goood Luck!
xoxo
Emma18
Report 16 years ago
yes!!! v.v.v worried!!! have to get ABB for york (Molecular cell biology) all very scary and horrible!!! and i have my french exchange person coming over tomorrow for a whole week!! during which i have biology and french coursework (maybe she can do my french one for me!!!!???) and my french oral exam to prepare for!!! arrrgh!!! this easter holiday is not going to be fun!!!!
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am worried!!!! I need ABB for kcl english but think it might be AAC. .maybe they will let me in with that
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
I am worried!!!! I need ABB for kcl english but think it might be AAC. .maybe they will let me in with that
I'm now worried i won't get an A in English Literature, my comparitive coursework got marked down from an A to a B that means there's pressure to do really well in the exams.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
at my college we get the title a year earlier and are told to write the synoptic up as the year goes along. we do write it up properly in 4hrs in exam conditions but we are allowed to take a 1000 plan in with us and it's strongly recommended that people write up the synoptic beforehand as you need to do lots of research etc. does you're school/college do it differently?
But but - the thousand words you take in has to be in note form.
nodabooper
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by babyboo)

need AAB for medicine at nottingham...if i flunk (which i doubt..hehe!) i would just take a year out and hav fun...u r 18 once so no point in stressing!
also if you already have done/ got (AS) more than what uni's asking for, your life's a wee bit easier come A-Levels...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads