The Student Room Group

'Elective modules outside the school of history'

Hi im going to leeds to do history this sept.
And in each year of study it says you can take up to 40 credits of elective modules from outside the school.

Does this mean I can do a couple of courses each year that are different to history. ie. do a course in french or a course in politics or business.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by YearRetaker
And in each year of study it says you can take up to 40 credits of elective modules from outside the school.

Does this mean I can do a couple of courses each year that are different to history. ie. do a course in french or a course in politics or business.

Thanks

I'm not sure if Leeds works the same way but I did elective modules outside of economics

You can do politics, languages etc. as long as they don't clash with your core modules, you meet the pre-requisites to dot the module and it's of an appropriate level I guess (at my uni you could choose to do up to 20 credits of a module from the year below so in third year I did a 20 credit second year module)

I hope that helps and have fun at university :smile:
Yes.

There will obviously be certain restrictions (timetable, pre-requisite knowledge etc) but essentially yes, you can do courses from other Faculties/Depts/areas of study.
Reply 3
Sounds like a pretty good deal.
Cheers
Original post by YearRetaker

Thanks

Yep, I'm currently studying History at Leeds and in my first year I did both electives outside of the school of history - Sociology and Politics. All that matters is that the lectures don't clash with the history lectures you must attend.
I'm going into second year having signed up for electives in Drama and Sociology. I'd really recommend doing things outside of the school - it's such a lovely change! Although ofc I enjoy the history modules too :biggrin: Also, electives are a great way to boost your average - I did this with Politics!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending