Newcastle University Accommodation - St Mary's College Watch

CCP1994
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone

Who has their place at St Mary's College confirmed?

If you've been made an offer, write it here and find your flatmates! - Mine is Flat 28
VickyDoodle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Having just left St Mary's, just popping in to say it's a great place and you should love it there!
CCP1994
Rep:
?
(Original post by VickyDoodle)
Having just left St Mary's, just popping in to say it's a great place and you should love it there!
Thank you (: I've heard there have been some refurbishments there... How does it look like now?
And, since you've been there, can I just ask you what was your means of transport? Is the bus expensive, or the uni courtesy bus is good enough to get into campus?
Sorry for the questions :x
Nicole.Y
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CCP1994)
Hi everyone

Who has their place at St Mary's College confirmed?

If you've been made an offer, write it here and find your flatmates! - Mine is Flat 28
Mine is Flat 17!!!
VickyDoodle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CCP1994)
Thank you (: I've heard there have been some refurbishments there... How does it look like now?
And, since you've been there, can I just ask you what was your means of transport? Is the bus expensive, or the uni courtesy bus is good enough to get into campus?
Sorry for the questions :x
I was in a non-refurbished flat (Flat 5) and it was nice enough regardless My friends all had refurbished ones and they were looovely, it's pretty much only the kitchens that are different but theirs look much more modern. Every flat is a different size though, so it's luck of the draw on that one!

I walked or got the bus. The free bus goes from 8:15 to 10:00, which is good for a morning lecture. I'd warn you now if you want to get in for a 9am and don't want to be crushed by the stampede/risk missing it,the 8:15's your best bet. It's a 30-40min walk depending on how quickly you go, so not too bad in nice weather. The 63 and 36 both go into town, and cost £2 for one way - but if you're coming back after uni, walk up past Monument to the bus stop opposite the 'Central Bean' coffee shop - it's only £1.55 from there for about a minute extra walk! :P

The number 15 comes once an hour and goes right up to outside uni but I never took it, so not quite sure on that one. Free bus in the evening only goes at 5:20 and 6:20, 5:20 is normally pretty packed except on Wednesdays but it's usually possible if you don't mind barging through the crowd, haha. It goes from outside the Daysh building - lots of people didn't find it for the first few weeks so it's worth scouting it out!
HannarrBuff
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've accepted St Marys! I'm flat 37, room 5
CCP1994
Rep:
?
(Original post by VickyDoodle)
I was in a non-refurbished flat (Flat 5) and it was nice enough regardless My friends all had refurbished ones and they were looovely, it's pretty much only the kitchens that are different but theirs look much more modern. Every flat is a different size though, so it's luck of the draw on that one!

I walked or got the bus. The free bus goes from 8:15 to 10:00, which is good for a morning lecture. I'd warn you now if you want to get in for a 9am and don't want to be crushed by the stampede/risk missing it,the 8:15's your best bet. It's a 30-40min walk depending on how quickly you go, so not too bad in nice weather. The 63 and 36 both go into town, and cost £2 for one way - but if you're coming back after uni, walk up past Monument to the bus stop opposite the 'Central Bean' coffee shop - it's only £1.55 from there for about a minute extra walk! :P

The number 15 comes once an hour and goes right up to outside uni but I never took it, so not quite sure on that one. Free bus in the evening only goes at 5:20 and 6:20, 5:20 is normally pretty packed except on Wednesdays but it's usually possible if you don't mind barging through the crowd, haha. It goes from outside the Daysh building - lots of people didn't find it for the first few weeks so it's worth scouting it out!
Thank you so much. This was very, very useful
Virginiaberyl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
im in Flat 38
HannarrBuff
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Virginiaberyl)
im in Flat 38
im 37, you're next to me
Virginiaberyl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HannarrBuff)
im 37, you're next to me
really excited to uni...looking forward to meet u
HannarrBuff
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
really excited to uni...looking forward to meet u
Hehe same! Kind of scared though! And yes I look forward to meeting you too I'm Hannah by the way
Vian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
St Mary's is my second choice, but I won't find out where I end up till the 15! :afraid:
Virginiaberyl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hehe same! Kind of scared though! And yes I look forward to meeting you too I'm Hannah by the way
im Virginia.. im a international student, studied in portsmouth tho. which part of england u from?
HannarrBuff
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
im Virginia.. im a international student, studied in portsmouth tho. which part of england u from?
ooo where abouts are you from? and I live in a place called Worcester, its in the West Midlands
HannarrBuff
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Vian)
St Mary's is my second choice, but I won't find out where I end up till the 15! :afraid:
ugh how annoying! I'd hate having to wait I'm glad i took a gap year haha!
HannahA
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm in flat 38

Posted from TSR Mobile
HannarrBuff
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HannahA)
I'm in flat 38

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello neighbour! I'm in 37
Vian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ugh how annoying! I'd hate having to wait I'm glad i took a gap year haha!
The irony is that I'm already on my gap year (volunteering full-time), but did some resits on the side!
HannarrBuff
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My nan has offered to buy me a mini fridge for my room to keep anything that others maybe tempted to eat in my room as a lot of friends already at university recommend this. It's a small table top thing, do you think i will be allowed it? Because Derby uni said this was allowed but I've been reading the terms and conditions for St Marys and can't find any info on it
RainJayne
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Nicole.Y)
Mine is Flat 17!!!
I'm in 17 too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads