my friend is annoyin Watch

This discussion is closed.
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
hi i need some advice. my friend is nice and easy to get along wiv but she keeps asking favours. for example today she said ' oh yea will u download these songs for me' and gave me a list with 4 albums and a few songs. to copy to cd's for her coz she doesnt have a cd burner.
she wanted them done by the end of this week but ive told her after easter and she said ok. shes not even given me rewritable cd's lol.
also shes lost her library card and asks for me to get books out 4 her - i mean i dont see any harm in it but its the principle of the thing thats annoyin. i used to carry files for her now and again coz she didnt bring her bag.
wot do u do with ppl like this coz i cant say no to her.
*smile*
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
hi i need some advice. my friend is nice and easy to get along wiv but she keeps asking favours. for example today she said ' oh yea will u download these songs for me' and gave me a list with 4 albums and a few songs. to copy to cd's for her coz she doesnt have a cd burner.
she wanted them done by the end of this week but ive told her after easter and she said ok. shes not even given me rewritable cd's lol.
also shes lost her library card and asks for me to get books out 4 her - i mean i dont see any harm in it but its the principle of the thing thats annoyin. i used to carry files for her now and again coz she didnt bring her bag.
wot do u do with ppl like this coz i cant say no to her.
She dosent seem that bad but if the favours are getting to you why dont you tell her in a v gentle way. Explain that you feel you are being taken advantage of and say NO!
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
don't be taken advantage of, just say no next time she asks for something you aren't willing to do, she'll soon get the message. if she doesn't know what you feel about it she'll keep asking. the same thing happened to me when i booked a holiday for me n her to madrid on my dad's credit card and he didn't pay. i had to cancel coz of a uni interview (bloody oxford ) but she went without even paying me! in the end i threatened to not give the booking references for the return flight leavijg her stranded in spain....i know it was cold and heartless, but i got my £500 back!
VoodooDoll
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oops! ignore this!
emmz
Rep:
?
(Original post by VoodooDoll)
oops! ignore this!
lol i usually read stuff twice anyway at the moment i just keep making excuses like my computors broke lol. its not stopped her frm giving me a CV to type out for her :rolleyes:
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If you really can't bring yourself to say, "No" to her, at least get her to return the favours by doing things for you. If she won't, you have to consider the solidity of your friendship.
emmz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alec)
If you really can't bring yourself to say, "No" to her, at least get her to return the favours by doing things for you. If she won't, you have to consider the solidity of your friendship.
ive thought about that but theres not many favours i want from her. i mean i guess im luckier than her in a way coz i have a computor whereas she doesnt but she cud at least some of her typing up at college.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if your not prepared to help yourself by saying no to her, what do you hope to achive by telling us on here?

the only way she'll stop is if you tell her.

so get over it, and just tell her.
emmz
Rep:
?
(Original post by ickle_katy)
if your not prepared to help yourself by saying no to her, what do you hope to achive by telling us on here?

the only way she'll stop is if you tell her.

so get over it, and just tell her.
just askin for advice :confused:
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If she really is a "friend" she is probably worth doing all this for - I don't think she intends to use you or anything. I suggest that you try and ask HER for something - if she agrees, then you know you're even. Me and my friends ask things of each other all the time but we never feel pressured. If she can't do the same for you, then she isn't worth doing all this for.
guest1984
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol, this thread is funny.........if i was you, i would tell your friend to piss off.......she's basically using you......which good friends don't do
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (203)
12.7%
Excited (139)
8.69%
Worried (291)
18.2%
Terrified (363)
22.7%
Meh (143)
8.94%
Confused (35)
2.19%
Putting on a brave face (221)
13.82%
Impatient (204)
12.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise