am I racist? Watch

dothecreepxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm black myself, but whenever I see/even hear of a black person, I just cringe.
I don't find them attractive at all, compared to other ethnicities. Everything about them just doesn't work for me, including the nose, the lips, the whole 'chicken and watermelon' stereotype. It makes me cringe; I've learned to associate negative attributes to black people e.g. being loud, disobedient, always rude and in your face.

I told a friend this and he said I was being racist, which I don't believe I am but now I'm not so sure so I'm asking you.
Am I racist?
Ronove
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dothecreepxx)
I'm black myself, but whenever I see/even hear of a black person, I just cringe.
I don't find them attractive at all, compared to other ethnicities. Everything about them just doesn't work for me, including the nose, the lips, the whole 'chicken and watermelon' stereotype. It makes me cringe; I've learned to associate negative attributes to black people e.g. being loud, disobedient, always rude and in your face.

I told a friend this and he said I was being racist, which I don't believe I am but now I'm not so sure so I'm asking you.
Am I racist?
If you're making assumptions about people (and even avoiding them) based on the colour of their skin, then yes, you're kind of being racist.
lilyobz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yup that's racist, whats even more pathetic is that you're black yourself.
unwire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you're not racist because you are black yourself, but your are a self hating black person
NWA
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You just sound a bit stupid
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
to be honest i wasnt really aware you could be racist to your own race, imo what youre saying is stupid and franly rather odd as apposed to racist.
swissking
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
this is going to be good
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cl_steele)
to be honest i wasnt really aware you could be racist to your own race, imo what youre saying is stupid and franly rather odd as apposed to racist.
I think it was tyra banks, but there was a video of a black guy who hated other blacks and desperately wanted to become white :sad:
ipoop
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dothecreepxx)

Am I racist?
You're an idiot, I'm ashamed you're black

Yes, you are discriminating against blacks - racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheReckless
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cpdavis)
I think it was tyra banks, but there was a video of a black guy who hated other blacks and desperately wanted to become white :sad:
I saw that -didn't they cover him in white powder to make him white for the day?
And he said something along the lines of "I feel so free" which made me sad.

OP, I've seen many, many beautiful black people. You shouldn't be hating on your own race. Also, the chicken and watermelon stereotype is just that - a stereotype, not meant to be taken seriously as it's in jest.
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I remmber that video. It was sad to see.

OP, I don't know if you're racist, but you're self hating. It's not a good thing.
montstar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:troll:

But yes it is perfectly possible to be racist to your own race. For instance, if you've seen Django unchained, there's this old black man (not Django) living in the house with the white people, he's treated like he's white and he's racist to the black servants as if he isn't black himself.
This is obviously a film but the same thing can and does happen in real life.
Demon Llama
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're a self-hating black person..and it isn't really that different to being racist
Baraf
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No darling, I don't think you can be racist, since you're black yourself.
Sneaky Badger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Baraf)
No darling, I don't think you can be racist, since you're black yourself.
I hope you're joking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
VeniViciVidi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by unwire)
you're not racist because you are black yourself, but your are a self hating black person
Please get educated on the subject before you start commenting.
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I remember him... used to sing a bit and had a pet monkey.
Xotol
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's worth saying that just because you don't find a particular group of people physically unattractive for whatever reason doesn't mean you're racist. But the fact that you cringe and have associated all these negative attributes to them is racism as you're being prejudice to people based on the colour of their skin.
cl_steele
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well he could always do what MJ did and the richer indians like to do and start skin bleaching :rolleyes: not entirely sure why someone would want to change their colour though, i mean on the flipside theres plenty of white scum out there i dont see many people hating an entire race because of it:L
VeniViciVidi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cl_steele)
And there's another one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.48%
No (615)
72.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise