Taxi driver arrests woman for fare dodging. Stupid people demand he lets her go.

Watch
This discussion is closed.
geetar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago

This mad me angry. Not so much because of the fare-dodging, but because people watching it demand that he lets her go. She has committed a crime, and the taxi driver is lawfully entitled to make a citizen's arrest on her. Even though she is in the wrong, he is the one getting blamed. I think their behaviour is disgraceful.
pane123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by geetar)

This mad me angry. Not so much because of the fare-dodging, but because people watching it demand that he lets her go. She has committed a crime, and the taxi driver is lawfully entitled to make a citizen's arrest on her. Even though she is in the wrong, he is the one getting blamed. I think their behaviour is disgraceful.
A mob of sanctimonious idiots.

I feel very sorry for the poor chap.
Scumbaggio
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yea I actually felt really sorry the the taxi driver, he seems quite worried and wants nothing more than the fare or the woman's name and address.

He is at work doing his job and this woman is effectively trying to steal £25 from him. The only person to stand up for him was the older lady.

I actually find it quite repulsive that most people were more concerned with this woman being restrained than they are about the crime she is attempting to commit.

I was half expecting him to be accused of racism.
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
White knights of peace.
Algorithm69
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My dad was a taxi driver most of his life so obviously my sympathy lies with the taxi driver.
Kiss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Chief Wiggum)
White knights of peace.
This is why I don't get involved in other people's argument's or fights in public.
tufc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This can only be blamed on new Labour, and their idea that everyone should get something for nothing.
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tufc)
This can only be blamed on new Labour, and their idea that everyone should get something for nothing.
When, oh when, will people stop blaming everything on a political party? It gets boring and detracts from the argument.
ryanb97
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why did he not call the police though ? ? ?
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
there was another article about a similar story (taxi driver arrests fare dodger and handed her to police). The taxi driver had to factor in paperwork, lost shift, questioning by the police. He ended up with lost income of £150 vs a fare of £20. He was disgusted with outcome and regretted it.
Scumbaggio
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tufc)
That person's parents are the ones to blame ultimately.

There are plenty of people who vote labour who'd never do a runner from a taxi.
GPH92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't blame people for fare dodging, the prices of public transport is disgusting.
NewBoneration
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He is a hero
This woman should be sent to prison
We are trying to rid the world of these horrible humans
Scumbaggio
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GPH92)
I don't blame people for fare dodging, the prices of public transport is disgusting.
Where does it end though?

The price of all kinds of items is disgusting in my local supermarket but I don't think that is a reason for people to steal.
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GPH92)
A bus doesn't cost more than a couple of quid, a taxi is going to cost closer to £13 for every £2 of a bus fare. Why would she opt for the more expensive option if she's finding it so hard?
GPH92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Snagprophet)
A bus doesn't cost more than a couple of quid, a taxi is going to cost closer to £13 for every £2 of a bus fare. Why would she opt for the more expensive option if she's finding it so hard?
Well if you're gonna fare dodge, do it in luxury haha.
(Original post by Scumbaggio)
Where does it end though?

The price of all kinds of items is disgusting in my local supermarket but I don't think that is a reason for people to steal.
That's for the person's morality to decide.
Clip
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GPH92)
Taxis are not public transport.
GPH92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
Taxis are not public transport.
Hardly private transport.
Clip
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GPH92)
Hardly private transport.
Actually - that's exactly what they are.
Scumbaggio
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GPH92)
Well if you're gonna fare dodge, do it in luxury haha.

That's for the person's morality to decide
I agree in a way.

If they're stealing something to eat because they genuinely have no other choice then I have no problem with that.

For me you can't morally justify attempting to run away when you have a £25 taxi fair to pay. If she was that skint she could have got 2 buses for probably about £20 less or walked.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (25)
20.66%
No (96)
79.34%

Watched Threads