The Student Room Group

Tattoo/Piercing Talk

Wondering if anyone here has any tattoos or piercings?

Ive one tattoo, my lip pierced and my ears stretched a lil bit :smile: Used to have two skin divers at my collar bone but they came out :frown:

Feel free to add pics :P

Scroll to see replies

Surely it's only courteous for you to show your tattoo in this situation? Well unless its something you want to keep personal then that makes sense.
Although saying that i don't have a good picture or the ability to take a good picture of mine as it's on the back of my shoulder (A tiger, my favorite animal, done because both my parents had their favorite animals on their shoulders and it feels like it ties me to them in a way.) And i plan on getting another by the end of the year on my inner arm of a broken wing where i broke a bone.
Is that a bit too much for a reply i don't know i'm new here :s
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much does getting a tattoo on your wrist hurt?
Reply 3
Ill post one of mine then, mines on my back too, the only good pic of it i have is the one from when its just done :smile:
I would love to see your tattoo, get someone to take one of it :P and I like the idea of the broken wing :smile:

My tattoo is a moon, because I love the night time sky, and it has clouds around the top because my head is always in the clouds (daydreamer right here). There is then a music staff because i love music and love learning how to play them, then a book that says my life, because im a book worm and the tattoo is based on me, an irish symbol because im irish, a cat because i love animals (and my pet cat) and then the bit at the end is meant to be hair strands, because my hair is my fave feature of myself lol Designed it myself :smile:

551564_480097415340292_870473163_n.jpg
Reply 4
Original post by Pinkyluva08
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much does getting a tattoo on your wrist hurt?

It would really depend on your own pain threshold, my brother got one in his wrist and said that he expected it to hurt a lot more than what it did..
Reply 5
I've got a tattoo written in viking runes on the back of my neck (also pretty tricky to get a pic of). I also have two helix piercings, a conch and a tragus in my right ear, and my left lobe stretched although it's still really tiny. Oh and my belly button.

I've always thought about getting facial piercings like nose or lip, but then I always pussy out cause I'm worried they'd scar when I eventually took them out or something...
I have 6 ear piercings, my right ear stretched to 8mm, my nipple pierced and my septum pierced :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by rlscope
I've got a tattoo written in viking runes on the back of my neck (also pretty tricky to get a pic of). I also have two helix piercings, a conch and a tragus in my right ear, and my left lobe stretched although it's still really tiny. Oh and my belly button.

I've always thought about getting facial piercings like nose or lip, but then I always pussy out cause I'm worried they'd scar when I eventually took them out or something...

viking runes? that would be pretty cool to see :smile: damn tattoos being hard to get pics of :L

I wanted my belly button done but chickened out because its meant to be sore >.<

and i dunno about nose, but lip piercings only leave a really tiny mark when they come out thats not that noticable :smile: I love mine, I always miss it when Im not wearing it
Original post by Niamhy__Nuu
Ill post one of mine then, mines on my back too, the only good pic of it i have is the one from when its just done :smile:
I would love to see your tattoo, get someone to take one of it :P and I like the idea of the broken wing :smile:

My tattoo is a moon, because I love the night time sky, and it has clouds around the top because my head is always in the clouds (daydreamer right here). There is then a music staff because i love music and love learning how to play them, then a book that says my life, because im a book worm and the tattoo is based on me, an irish symbol because im irish, a cat because i love animals (and my pet cat) and then the bit at the end is meant to be hair strands, because my hair is my fave feature of myself lol Designed it myself :smile:

551564_480097415340292_870473163_n.jpg

That's a really nice tattoo. Which is rare for people's self designed ones in my opinion. Also makes my tiger look really simple and a bit naff (still love it though and don't regret it.)
I suppose i have this picture from when i very first took the covering off but its an awful picture. The bits between the black have now faded into grey like they were supposed to so it looks much better now, atleast i think so.

tattoo (day it was done).jpg

The broken wing is an idea I've had for ages but i need to actually get a tattoo artist to design it for me as i couldn't find any that were what i wanted.

Original post by rlscope
I've got a tattoo written in viking runes on the back of my neck

That does sound pretty cool, was the back of your neck absolute agony though? I mean mine was pretty painless but it's not in a sensative place like that.
(edited 10 years ago)
I've got my ear lobes pierced and I'm toying with the idea of getting a tattoo, but that's it.
No I do not

It is not respectful

Original post by Aek-94
I've got my ear lobes pierced and I'm toying with the idea of getting a tattoo, but that's it.

Do not
Tongue pierced and 3 tattoos: a swirl, a star, and a cake above my vag saying 'eat me' :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Your tiger is pretty cool :smile: I love how its been designed with no outline, and that its shape is made up of the stripes, you should definitely never regret it, its amazing ^.^

I think that if someone is going to get a tattoo, they should fully think it through, like consider the size, shapes, colours, where it is, everything. I think that when the person considers all this it makes them better tattoos. I love tattoos with meanings.

That being said though, I still do appreciate a good tattoo even if there is no big meaning or anything behind it. The body is a canvas in my opinion :smile:

I would love a new piercing, I miss my collar bone ones :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by wtfCharlie
Tongue pierced and 3 tattoos: a swirl, a star, and a cake above my vag saying 'eat me' :rolleyes:

hahaha a cake above your vag saying eat me? That is actually epic :L

I was at download 2013, and me and my best mate were gonna get "DOWNLOAD BITCHES" at the top of our thighs, one word for each leg, just below the butt cheeks.

Sadly she couldnt go in the end, so I never got it because it wouldnt be the same
hahaha a cake above your vag saying eat me? That is actually epic :L

I was at download 2013, and me and my best mate were gonna get "DOWNLOAD BITCHES" at the top of our thighs, one word for each leg, just below the butt cheeks.

Sadly she couldnt go in the end, so I never got it because it wouldnt be the same

Food-Tattoo-Design-Alice-in-Wonderland-Eat-Me-Sweet.jpg

That tattoo but pink :smile:

Haha that's awesome! :')
Original post by wtfCharlie
Food-Tattoo-Design-Alice-in-Wonderland-Eat-Me-Sweet.jpg

That tattoo but pink :smile:

Haha that's awesome! :')

:lol: That is so awesome!

I've got two ideas for tattoos but I'd really like to get a whole sleeve done at some point - I just don't know how some people can think of what to have though, I want everything to mean something to me

I want this on my left wrist:

And the words 'Memento Vivere' on right arm possibly - no idea what font or size though
I've got 5 tattoos! And still want more haha I'm hooked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
@Willum Infanta - What does Memento Vivere mean? I like how you are putting a lot of thought into your tattoo :smile:

@cmurray90602 - They are quite nice, I particulary like the font for the one in the bottom right corner :smile:

I want more but im waiting until after I start uni in September. I want something related to computers because im going to do software engineering, but ive no idea what to get.. lol

Original post by NewBoneration
No I do not

It is not respectful

Do not

Why?
What does Memento Vivere mean? I like how you are putting a lot of thought into your tattoo :smile:

It means "Remember to Live"

Putting a lot of thought into them also means I haven't got any done yet :sigh:

In the next month or so it shall be done :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest