How much is it to have a piercing Watch

Anonymous412
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys. I have my ear lobes pierced, and now i would like go have my upper lobe pierced. I've always wanted to have my belly pierced too, and also I would like my nose pierced.

Could you please answer these questions for me?

How much would it be in GBP to have a upper lobe piercing?
Also does it hurt?

How much would I be in GBP to have a belly piercing?
Also does it hurt?

How much would it be in GBP to have a nose piercing?
Also does it Hurt?

Thankyou!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
bobbieare
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It varies depending on the place. Good piercing places usually will charge £20-£30 for the piercings you mentioned so don't just seek the cheapest place because they are rubbish!
Upper lobe piercing doesn't really hurt all that much, but again that varies.
belly button doesn't hurt at all but varies
And I have also heard from my friend that a nose piercing doesn't hurt at all, your eyes just water
rlscope
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Price varies from studio to studio. Search online for studios in your area, read reviews and find out a little about their reputations, and see which are the good ones. After picking ones that seem professional enough, try to look at their prices online if they have them on the website, otherwise go in and visit and ask. Just remember to put quality and safety before price.

Pain is a totally individual thing, each different piercing hurts each person in a different way. However, all three of those are supposed to be less painful piercings. In order of increasing pain, they'd be lobe, navel, nose. But none of them are particularly painful.

One more thing: you shouldn't choose a piercing based on its pain level. The pain is temporary and goes away really quickly, whereas the piercing (hopefully) lasts much longer. If you want the piercings done, then just suck it up and get them done.
Anonymous412
Rep:
?
(Original post by bobbieare)
It varies depending on the place. Good piercing places usually will charge £20-£30 for the piercings you mentioned so don't just seek the cheapest place because they are rubbish!
Upper lobe piercing doesn't really hurt all that much, but again that varies.
belly button doesn't hurt at all but varies
And I have also heard from my friend that a nose piercing doesn't hurt at all, your eyes just water
Ah thankyou! My sister had her nos pierced but she said it was the worst pain she had ever been through, she's had a baby, (compare it to labour) she's bad he neck and tongue pierced and tattoos too so I suppose it does vary, many people say that the belly does yet too but some don't agree, I'm
Torn! Hmmm! Decisions decisions!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous412
Rep:
?
(Original post by rlscope)
Price varies from studio to studio. Search online for studios in your area, read reviews and find out a little about their reputations, and see which are the good ones. After picking ones that seem professional enough, try to look at their prices online if they have them on the website, otherwise go in and visit and ask. Just remember to put quality and safety before price.

Pain is a totally individual thing, each different piercing hurts each person in a different way. However, all three of those are supposed to be less painful piercings. In order of increasing pain, they'd be lobe, navel, nose. But none of them are particularly painful.

One more thing: you shouldn't choose a piercing based on its pain level. The pain is temporary and goes away really quickly, whereas the piercing (hopefully) lasts much longer. If you want the piercings done, then just suck it up and get them done.
Thanks! I've been through Alot of pain to be honest, in and out of hospitals being on drips ect but I'm still scared of needles and them being really slow and letting me suffer, I just want a place that's really fast and cheap, I don't get alot of money so the cheapest comes first! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
rlscope
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous412)
Thanks! I've been through Alot of pain to be honest, in and out of hospitals being on drips ect but I'm still scared of needles and them being really slow and letting me suffer, I just want a place that's really fast and cheap, I don't get alot of money so the cheapest comes first! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
No trust me, if you don't want them to be slow/let you suffer then DON'T just pick the cheapest. I've had a couple of bad experiences with cheap places, before I was smart enough to not put the price first: one of them used a gun on cartilage and it shattered so now I have a pretty ugly scar on my ear, and the other time I was pierced by a trainee who got the jewellery basically totally stuck and spent forever fiddling around with it, bruising me completely and it led to it getting super inflamed and swollen almost to the point of engulfing the jewellery. Both ended up in me removing the piercing, so basically they were a waste of money cause I had to get them redone (after waiting to let them heal, and then saving up again).

I'm not saying pick the most expensive place. There are good places that are cheap, of course. But don't just settle for the cheapest place you find.

Do a little research online about the proper procedures for the piercings you want (none of them are complex though), but then when you think you've picked your studio, go in there and before getting it done, ask them questions about the procedure, about aftercare, and about what material the jewellery is made of. If their answers aren't what you found they should be when you did your research, then pick a new place, because they obviously don't know what they're talking about.
bobbieare
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ah thankyou! My sister had her nos pierced but she said it was the worst pain she had ever been through, she's had a baby, (compare it to labour) she's bad he neck and tongue pierced and tattoos too so I suppose it does vary, many people say that the belly does yet too but some don't agree, I'm
Torn! Hmmm! Decisions decisions!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
even if they do hurt, so what! I really don't think you should base getting a piercing on the pain. If you like it get it, for some the pain lasts like 5 seconds and then you have a piercing you've wanted!
Anonymous412
Rep:
?
(Original post by rlscope)
No trust me, if you don't want them to be slow/let you suffer then DON'T just pick the cheapest. I've had a couple of bad experiences with cheap places, before I was smart enough to not put the price first: one of them used a gun on cartilage and it shattered so now I have a pretty ugly scar on my ear, and the other time I was pierced by a trainee who got the jewellery basically totally stuck and spent forever fiddling around with it, bruising me completely and it led to it getting super inflamed and swollen almost to the point of engulfing the jewellery. Both ended up in me removing the piercing, so basically they were a waste of money cause I had to get them redone (after waiting to let them heal, and then saving up again).

I'm not saying pick the most expensive place. There are good places that are cheap, of course. But don't just settle for the cheapest place you find.

Do a little research online about the proper procedures for the piercings you want (none of them are complex though), but then when you think you've picked your studio, go in there and before getting it done, ask them questions about the procedure, about aftercare, and about what material the jewellery is made of. If their answers aren't what you found they should be when you did your research, then pick a new place, because they obviously don't know what they're talking about.
Yeah of course, I mean when I got my ears lobes pierced, i had it done 4 times, each time they became infected and closed up, then my 5th time it was successful. That was used by a gun. I'm much more comfortable with a gun though because that way I'm not thinking about the actual needle or seeing the actual needle pierce me.
(People say look away but it never works, I'm always way to anxious) I'm 16 btw, and I'm a big 'wuss' hahah. I hope I build up my courage to get my nose an my belly done the most? But if I get them then my lobe will be nothing! Compared..
Thanks for your input

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous412
Rep:
?
(Original post by bobbieare)
even if they do hurt, so what! I really don't think you should base getting a piercing on the pain. If you like it get it, for some the pain lasts like 5 seconds and then you have a piercing you've wanted!
When you put it that way it gives me much more motivation, but my biggest fear is knowing they are bout to shove a needle right through my skin and make
A hole!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Math.Goddess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The most PAINFUL piercings out of the ones i have were my middle labret ( bottom lip) and septum . I cant even explain how excruciating the pain was, even though it lasts for a short while its just so immense.
I've had my ear lobes done ( one stretched) too it hurt much less compared to the others I have .
So don't worry you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah of course, I mean when I got my ears lobes pierced, i had it done 4 times, each time they became infected and closed up, then my 5th time it was successful. That was used by a gun. I'm much more comfortable with a gun though because that way I'm not thinking about the actual needle or seeing the actual needle pierce me.
(People say look away but it never works, I'm always way to anxious) I'm 16 btw, and I'm a big 'wuss' hahah. I hope I build up my courage to get my nose an my belly done the most? But if I get them then my lobe will be nothing! Compared..
Thanks for your input

Posted from TSR Mobile
The reason they became 'infected' was probably because of the gun. It causes more trauma and the jewellery used is generally much lower quality than a professional piercer at a proper studio would use. It was more likely irritation or a reaction to the jewellery than an actual infection, unless you were touching it a lot. You can speak to the piercer and ask them to keep the needle a bit more hidden! They deal with worries/fears like that on a daily basis.

Please don't go to somewhere that uses guns!

Personally I found my nostril piercings quite painful but they're over and done with quickly and you soon forget about it. Navel was about 8 or 9 years ago now so I can't really remember much about that.
rlscope
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks for your input

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would warn you against the use of guns etc, but I mean for the piercings you're getting it's really not an issue. I'm not sure if it's POSSIBLY to do nostril and navel with a gun - probably, if you really try - but ANY place that has even the SLIGHTEST clue what they're doing won't even attempt to do that. And the good news is that for your belly button, you'll probably be lying down, and that means you would really have to TRY to see what was going on. I'm not squeamish - I'd gladly watch if I could - but I couldn't even see it.

I was worried like hell for my bellybutton piercing the entire way to the studio, just thinking that it had to hurt because someone was making a hole through my skin. But afterwards, the piercer told me that people really often think that way about it, but it's just not true.

Getting it done with a needle is actually a lot less painful than with a gun, because much less trauma is caused to the piercing site, as the needle glides through your skin, whereas the gun just forced itself through bluntly. Also the guns can't be properly sterilised.

Honestly, you have nothing to worry about. Take a friend, squeeze their hand, and you'll be more than fine. It's worth it in the end, as the pain is momentary, and nothing compared to the satisfaction of the piercing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads