Do you think this is a good birthday present? Watch

Shannon~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
One of my close friends is 18 this month and I was thinking of making her a "Uni survival kit" for when she starts in September with things like: miniatures of alcohol, condoms, caffeine tablets, face masks, scented candles, make up essentials, chocolates, novelty bottle openers and jokey things like a medical kit and a map of Glasgow with the bus routes and sick bags. Along with this me and my boyfriend were going to make her a book full of drinking game ideas and cocktail recipes (you can probably guess she enjoys drinking) along with a bottle of vodka maybe?

I didn't want to buy her just the usual birthday stuff and I thought these presents had a more personal and funny touch since I know what she's like, so do people think this is a good idea??
Shayshay95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes that is a very nice present, I like people who pay attention to the finer details!! Its a great idea and I hope your friend appreciates it!
Shannon~
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shayshay95)
Yes that is a very nice present, I like people who pay attention to the finer details!! Its a great idea and I hope your friend appreciates it!
Thank you! It's good to get some other opinions on it, I feel more happy about starting it now and I hope she appreciates it too, fingers crossed!
Delph123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fantastic idea- a really thoughtful and personal present. Why not put a small framed photo of her, you and your friends in there as well for her uni bedroom?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That kit is such an awesome idea
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes personally I'd love that kind of thing, it's much more personal than just buying her a DVD and a box of chocolates, You seem like a great friend.
Shannon~
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone for the feedback on it! Better get to work on it now
IndiaCaitlinn
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's a really good idea
Shannon~
Rep:
?
(Original post by IndiaCaitlinn)
That's a really good idea

Thank you!
blubimnotafish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, that's a great idea!
I (and my group of friends) gave something similar as a present two weeks ago: a big box that included flakes (which are hard to come by in the Netherlands), a DVD, some really nice glasses, a pot with teabags in it, a tea mug, a hanger for jewellery and such and a medical kit as well.
My friend isn't that much into drinking so we didn't give her any alcohol, but if you're friend does like it, she will love the present!
PrincessOfBlahBlah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That sounds great, might do something like that for my little brother when he goes to uni
alex193
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That sounds really nice OP - personal present like that always go down well! As someone said earlier, a framed photo of you and your friends would also be a really nice touch
LukeM90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haha thats amazing! if someone got me that I'd be well chuffed (maybe not the make-up though) scented candles are good though ¬.¬ lol

I think any friend would be glad of that, it sounds very thoughtful and will actualy come in handy! sure most of it will be gone after a week/month watever but I'tl be one of those things they enjoy and remember

Perhaps get a unique container/bag to put it in so its even more memorable?

side note: somthing I do (dont think this would be good for yours) when I wana joke is I put someones gift in a bad container like a ceral box or so forth then wrap that, and they open it and are all like WTH cornflakes? then find the good gift inside lol
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why not go the whole hog and include some Canesten and a 1mg shot of adrenaline?
Shannon~
Rep:
?
(Original post by alex193)
That sounds really nice OP - personal present like that always go down well! As someone said earlier, a framed photo of you and your friends would also be a really nice touch

Yeah I think i'll add that in!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (90)
25.86%
No (258)
74.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise