Turn on thread page Beta

Be nice to people!! GTFIH and spread the love watch

ReputationRep:
    So sick of seeing people being selfish and thoughtless in today's society. Sick of seeing name calling, petty arguing, bullying and ignoring those who need a little help.

So let's try and inspire positive and kind actions among us!
    Observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HKxXR22vn0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_JAlTxc1k4

Simple things you can do that are nice, you don't even have to do it directly to a person!

One of the things I did at college was take an envelope and fill it with a little money, £2 normally and stick it on the vending machines with a little - "Have a drink and snack on me =)" - I'd ask the only thing I want in return are for the same people to do something nice to someone else in the future

Paying for the person behind you is a popular way of being nice, it often inspires the person behind you to pay for the person behind them - This is known as paying forward - It often starts a ongoing chain of people paying for the person behind them. It will probably cost you a fiver more or something, but if you can make a person's day better, you feel much better yourself - sometimes it can fail and the person just thinks "Cool, free breakfast/lunch/snack!" - I did this at College, but I had food of my own, paid for a tutor behind me before he even got to the till, just handed the checkout lady £7 or so then asked her to pay for the guy behind me, I don't know if he did the same but hey, whatever.

Throw your damn litter away, when people thoughtless chuck their rubbish on the floor, I want to pick it up and make them eat it. It takes 2 seconds to put your litter in a bin, I've even seen people drop their litter on the floor when there is a bin a few feet away. So infuriating.

Helping someone up when they trip over - Do I really need to explain this one? I remember a time I saw an old man trip over a ladies child between her legs, she quickly helped up her son, put him in the pram and ran off. I wanted to call her all sorts of names, instead me and another guy helped the old man up, while everyone else walked on without offering help before me and the guy decided to help him up.

Feel free to list other ways to be nice and kind to people, but please, stick with what you have said and actually do it, don't just come in here for reps or for a boost to your ego , actually do it.

ReputationRep:
    Foreveralone

ReputationRep:
    It was very inspiring indeed, but the whole world around me is so cruel to the extent that I became heartless but yeah I'll do my best.

ReputationRep:
    I never understand why people don't hold doors.

ReputationRep:
    I think something as trivial as being friendly or at the very least a smile can mean a lot.

It makes a surprisingly big difference being served by a happy, friendly cashier than a grumpy one, and it works both ways - I've seen some cashiers look pleasantly surprised and cheer up a bit when they get an understanding/ friendly customer who treats them with some respect. Usually it's all glum expressions and silence, and it's a bit sad really.

And here's a feel good post I found on Tumblr that I thought was heartwarming:

http://girlthrualookingglass.tumblr....very-night-the

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitsukino)
    I think something as trivial as being friendly or at the very least a smile can mean a lot.

It makes a surprisingly big difference being served by a happy, friendly cashier than a grumpy one, and it works both ways - I've seen some cashiers look pleasantly surprised and cheer up a bit when they get an understanding/ friendly customer who treats them with some respect. Usually it's all glum expressions and silence, and it's a bit sad really.

And here's a feel good post I found on Tumblr that I thought was heartwarming:

http://girlthrualookingglass.tumblr....very-night-the
    That would never happen where I live. At best I would be called "gay", laughed at and get mugged instead of being stabbed. Though stabbings are rare here.

ReputationRep:
    I think I just felt a little bit of faith in humanity being restored....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matty B94)
    I think I just felt a little bit of faith in humanity being restored....
    I can find plenty of articles to help you lose that little bit of faith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willbean)

Please don't, now that I've found some I'm not overly keen on losing it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willbean)
    I was waiting for that. Yes it is true some of the stuff out there that happens makes none of this worth doing. But trust me, neither you, me or anyone ITT should never have to go through what some people did (Rape, murder, being beaten, stabbed, mugged, had their loved ones hurt or killed)

So please, positivity only, or I'll neg you with my 0 reps

ReputationRep:
    It's kind of hard to be nice to people who aren't nice to me.....but i'll try and be nice to people that deserve it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon Llama)
    It's kind of hard to be nice to people who aren't nice to me.....but i'll try and be nice to people that deserve it
    You should be nice to everyone, but another rule is that you should never associate or be around people who make you feel bad

Do something nice for free, the only reward you should be after is to see the smile or gratitude from the person you do it to. No cash reward, no pictures taken, just the warm feeling in your heart that you brightened up someones day and they could repay you, or return the favour to someone else

ReputationRep:
    A lot of that was car-related kindness, like not running over a child. Nawwww
    Still heart-warming nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Backbrah)
    You should be nice to everyone, but another rule is that you should never associate or be around people who make you feel bad

Do something nice for free, the only reward you should be after is to see the smile or gratitude from the person you do it to. No cash reward, no pictures taken, just the warm feeling in your heart that you brightened up someones day and they could repay you, or return the favour to someone else
    Well the people who make me feel bad are the people I work with so I can't exactly escape them. I do those things anyway, I like making people smile whether they're a friend or a stranger, makes my days brighter tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm nice already I used to go to graveyard and look after one woman's grave because no one looked after and just felt doing something good, so that the grave could see some sun Or looking after another grave by cutting out debris and placing few candles

ReputationRep:
    Bumping this thread over the gender wars and constant bickering this forum sees daily

ReputationRep:
    This was nice, I'm sure we've all seen it - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nish-line.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiQ4SNkx_Z8

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.